Greeves Anglian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Anglian

Is a Greeves Anglian with a frame number of 24 THS B 150 correct.

24THSB150 is a correct frame number they ranged from 24THSA*** to 24THSD*** not sure what the letters signify. 24THSB150 is currently for sale on Facebook Greeves Enthusiasts page by Chris Seal of Oxted who is asking £1950 for it. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...02367416598175
    As for the bike (I assume you are considering purchase), in my opinion its over priced considering engine not running & not complete or original, mudguards are after market plastic ones (originals were alloy) the tank is obviously suspect and looks in primer, fibre glass tanks are always problematical, and one with obvious defects (surface cracking) is not good. It is not clear if the bike is road registered with a current V5c (I have no reg number for it on the survivors list) so this would involve extra cost to get it registered and the GRA have withheld DVLA applications at present due to Covid. In my opinion the bike is probably worth around £1250 to £1500 max. The bike was previously seen at Kempton 4/19 unrestored so assuming current owner bought it at Kempton he has only had it 20 months & does not appear to have done much to it in the way of restoration.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/12/2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

This is a pic of the bike when on eBay 4/19 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	359.2 KB ID:	85467

Comment

Thank you for your kind advice John. It looks better in this picture. I think I will leave it as we live in Cumbria and it is a fare trek to go and see it in person. Would you have any ideas where to look or who to speak to for a similar project bike. It doesn't need to be an Anglia. Many thanks.

Comment

You would be best to seek one from a GRA member, maybe someone may come forward and offer one. Its a minefield out there in the world of FB & eBay where there is a lot of expensive junk being offered for sale, and its very easy to get caught on an 'old dog'. If you are set on becoming a Greeves owner I would suggest that you join up with the GRA, you can then access the members area on this forum which includes For Sales & Wanted area, and also the eBay thread where myself and other members give considered opinions on bikes that appear on eBay (and some other auctions) You will also receive the club magazine Leading Link which includes a for sale and wanted page. Many of our members prefer to sell that way than on the likes of eBay. Best of luck in your search for a bike.

Comment

Yes John is correct in what he has said join the GRA and it should help you find the answers you are looking for

Comment

Thank you both. I intend to join. It will be a Christmas present from the wife.

Comment

Good decision Julian you can download a membership form here gra-membership-form.pdf

Comment

Back on eBay again https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greeves-A...AAAOSwio1gC~xW
                  Attached Files

Comment

Seems reasonably priced now ! a good buy for someone

Comment

Working...
                    X