24 tfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 tfs

Hello, I would like to buy and rebuild a 24 TFS 361. To be able to register it, I need a photo of a vehicle registration document. Also important would be the power of the Villiers engine (32A is right?) and a specification of the volume.
    Can anyone help me?
    In Germany Greeves is very rare.
    Thanks a lot,
    Carsten.

I assume you want to register the bike in Germany. Presumably it has been imported from the UK and the document you need is the V5c Registration Document. Do you have a UK registration number for the bike? as you will need that to get a V5c from UK DVLA thats assuming it is road registered. If not then I dont know what the process in Germany would be. The 32A engine is 246cc the power of a standard 32A is 12.5 BHP
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/12/2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Hi John,
      and thank you very much in advance.
      Unfortunately the motorbike has no papers.
      The German TÜV has found some data, but they are not sure about the performance for example.
      They then create a data sheet
      A letter copy is unfortunately no longer permitted, but it helps.

Carsten

Comment

Hi Carsten. Sadly it is impossible to find UK papers (V5c) without a registration mark. Again do I assume this bike is being imported from UK or is it already with a German owner? Here in UK almost all Greeves TFS (and other model) trials bikes would have been road registered from new as trials at that time involved traveling on public roads, over the years bikes have been sold on without documents so re registration is required. Here in UK that is not a problem as the DVLA will re register them subject to a dating letter from the GRA. In your case you would be best not buy a bike without documents, but seek one that has its documents and will therefore be acceptable to German registration authorities.

Comment

Hi Carsten,

Exactly what data do you need?

Would a sales brochure from the time be sufficient? Or maybe a test from a magazine?

Kind regards,

Ian.

Comment

Hi Carsten,

Is the Greeves already in Germany? If so then this is better for you, as until the end of December there is no import duty/tax liability on UK vehicles. This will almost certainly change on January 1st.

Can I ask which Bundesland you are in?

It may be that in Germany you can register the bike without a registration document - for example in the UK you can end up with a 'Q' plate. I have experience with both importing into the UK and also registering a UK bike in Germany. But in the latter case it was with a V5 document present.

A sales brochure picture would allow you to show how the motorcycle was configured as standard, i.e. lack of lights, indicator lights etc - I'm not sure if this is necessary in order to gain the TÜV certificate but I know that in Germany things are generally easier if the bike is not visibly modified.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfs-1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	85366

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfs-2.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	85367

Comment

Ian640 and Ian. I have since had a PM from Carsten, the bike was already in Germany and has now been sold to another buyer. I had the frame number checked from a member with UK dispatch records and the bike (TFS361) was not on it so looks like it was exported from new, probably to USA and subsequently to Germany so would not have ever had a V5c . I think the that German authorities will not register a vehicle that does not have documents.

Comment

Nothing to do with original context, but it's brilliant to see grassers going the wrong way (so to speak), takes a bit of 'sorting' out from a riding perspective I would think.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                  Ian640 and Ian. I have since had a PM from Carsten, the bike was already in Germany and has now been sold to another buyer. I had the frame number checked from a member with UK dispatch records and the bike (TFS361) was not on it so looks like it was exported from new, probably to USA and subsequently to Germany so would not have ever had a V5c . I think the that German authorities will not register a vehicle that does not have documents.
                  Thanks John, seems as though it's a genuine export. A shame there are no documents. It would be interesting to see if it could be brought back to the UK and given an age related plate though!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post

Thanks John, seems as though it's a genuine export. A shame there are no documents. It would be interesting to see if it could be brought back to the UK and given an age related plate though!
                    I think its been sold on again within Germany, not sure where it was advertised, Carsten did not say, I did not see it on eBay and it was not on the Survivors List so had not surfaced previously, we cant get them all.

Comment

There should be no issues with registering here, I shouldn't think. A nice model, with worthwhile improvements over the TES.

Ian C

Comment

Just checked the frame number on my bike it's 24TFS 359 and left the factory on 15/05/1965 to Jim Sandiford .
                        Only 2 numbers to Carstens bike .
                        Simon
                        Attached Files

Comment

If it has a frame number and an engine number, is fully assembled and in the UK, there should be no difficulty authenticating it for registration in this country. Subject to Covid19 restrictions though.
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Obviously the German equivalent of the DVLA have different rules, which look to get a whole lot tougher for UK vehicles imported there after 1st Jan 2021. Bad luck if you are a German GRA member.
                            Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/12/2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                              Obviously the German equivalent of the DVLA have different rules, which look to get a whole lot tougher for UK vehicles imported there after 1st Jan 2021. Bad luck if you are a German GRA member.
                              Guessing that was a typo John!

Colin - thought that would be the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X