20te

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20te

Not many of these about, expected back from the USA - 20TE 101 (not mine)

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1566.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	84972

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	384.7 KB ID:	84971
    Attached Files

One other known, but that was the ex Andy Cameron bike with 150cc engine so not a true 20TE. Does anyone know where 20TE110 (XWC264) is now, who was J Savage?
    20TE110 XWC264 1962 UK? unknown 31C 373S277 Andy Cameron 1963 Scottish bike, sold to J Savage 31/10/63 eng No 31C 373S227 (147cc) (not on DVLA)

Comment

I wonder when it was exported to the USA as Kenny has no records of 20TE bikes? As Nick Nicholson was the main importer (West Coast) you think there would be at least one bike on the list?

Comment

"Who was J Savage?" That would be Jill Savage, a well-known lady trials rider. She rode a Greeves in the 1960 SSDT. Retired on Day two.

There's an impressive photo of her doing an involuntary wheelie on a Scottish, which has been used in Leading Link a couple of times. It looks as if there is no way she would get it back, but she assures us she did.

See next post for the photo...
        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 16/11/2020, 10:54 AM.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jill Savage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.4 KB ID:	85005
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 16/11/2020, 10:52 AM.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Presumably Jill upgraded to the ex Andy Cameron bike 20TE110 in 1963. Is she still alive?

Comment

I saw her at the Bristol Show a few years back. Can't remember exactly what year though...
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

High level exhaust may not fit your 24tes, Ryn. It was built to suit the earlier frame in the second photo referred to, so there's not just the swinging arm length to think about.
                The exhaust you already have is the type which is "right" for the 24tes, although a TE exhaust of mid-level (as in the top pic) may also be an option worth considering, especially if you have the iron-barrel engine?
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 29/12/2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

rynner can we have the frame No of your bike for the survivors list please. Is it this one which had a 250 32A engine 453DC2820 fitted when new ? It would have had an alloy top end. If you just have just joined the GRA you need to contact Ian Thornton (Ian on here) to get up graded, to full member on the forum, you can then post pics and visit members areas, you will need to PM him your real name and location.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 29/12/2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Where abouts are you Ryn? I assume you are in UK. but you have not filled on your profile Always helps if you know where people are especially when looking for parts etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	250
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	85610 good evening,
                      i have been searching for pics of exhausts that are available in the u.k fitted to bikes with my frame,i found this one on the Bonhams site,lot 222,any info as to wether this would system fit onto mine would be appreciated,thanks
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	greeves frame and exhaust.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.3 KB ID:	85609
                      Last edited by rynner; 01/01/2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Same frame different tank, your silencer is a Palmer and you can cut the end off and repack, this may help, why not add a stinger as well?

Comment

It depends upon what you want to use the bike for, if total off road trials, then as John P says a re packed Palmer silencer would be OK, but this type of silencer will always be minimal, if you are going to ride the bike predominantly on the road you may care to fit the older 'Scottish' style Villiers based system with baffles. Although it was not fitted to the TES its much quieter. Armours do these in both long and short versions, the long one (as in pic) would be the quietest.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/01/2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rynner
                            i have also sent a email to a firm that makes a system for the t.e, that appears to be very similar to the one in the first post regarding its availability and price,
                            thanks
                            Several of us on here have been looking for a supplier of replacement TE exhausts, so if you know of a supplier, can you let us know who it is please?

Thanks.

Ian C.

Comment

Greeves Motorcycles Ltd list an exhaust for the TE ..............

Comment

Working...
                              X