SOO 22D rears its head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOO 22D rears its head

The ex-Jim Sandiford THS sold this October in California for $5,500. At about £4,300 that was quite a buy.

I think this was owned at one time by Don Morley, and the alloy tank on Chairman Rob's Anglian was allegedly once fitted to this machine. Also of note, SOO 24D (Smith, Browning), SOO 23D (Bill Wilks.) and SOO 56D all survive too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Greeve...-/352831697527

Click image for larger version  Name:	SOO 22D california.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	79155
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

The reg number on the eBay listing is quoted as SOO24D but clearly its SOO22D in pics. Last tax expired in UK Feb 2000 its on the DVLA with Export marker.
    SOO24D is a TGS (24TGSA445) as is SOO56D (24TGSB446) which was ridden by Mary Driver inthe 1968 ISDT
    SOO23D (24THSB159) is not listed on the DVLA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/12/2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

SOO 23D is 24THSB159, more info on the (2003) Bonhams auction listing: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/10175/lot/354/

Comment

Just an update on SOO 22D, it’s back safe and sound in the UK and being carefully restored ready to ride in selected events in 2022.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6118B1E3-48B5-4C5D-9153-AC823BA1303E.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	555.8 KB
ID:	88917

Comment

Hello Sc. How are you getting on with it? Any updates?

Comment

Out of interest, do we know the frame number of SOO 22D?

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
              Out of interest, do we know the frame number of SOO 22D?
              frame number is 24THSB157

Comment

Thanks John. How come this series of works machines had either an 'A' or 'B' after their model type on the frame numbers? I thought that only happened on some bikes exported to the US?

Comment

A = Greeves forks; B= REH forks; C = USA spec.: D E & F = USA variants​

Comment

That is interesting John; thank you. That explains it.

What if they were fitted with Cerianis, do you know?
                    Last edited by IanCordes; 15/02/2024, 06:05 PM. Reason: Added a question

Comment

I asked the question as my understanding is that REH forks weren't used on Anglians, as far as I can tell, until the 1968 model year, on the TJS. In 1966 the tele option would have been Cerianis. Can anyone please clarify, and also, why do some Anglians have these additional letters in their frame numbers, and others don't?

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                        That is interesting John; thank you. That explains it.

What if they were fitted with Cerianis, do you know?
                        No sorry I dont know

Comment

Not to worry. I wasn't asking you specifically, John, but anyone who knows. I am sure there are those who do know, so it would be good to hear from them.

Comment

Working...
                          X