Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Scottish for sale

Greeves 1960 TCS Scottish Trials

I bought this at auction locally several years ago for my wife to ride, but her outlook towards motorcycling has altered after being knocked off a 125 at a roundabout, pulled out in front of at junctions, and generally ignored by other road users...a familiar story.

We sold the 125, but hung onto the Greeves in case I ever fancied a return visit to the Beamish, which I entered once on a 1930s Velo MAC, quickly learning that off-roaders are rather more suitable.

Yet, joyful as the Greeves may be to behold, the truth is I'm more interested in older, road-going bikes, and now it is up for sale.

Shortly after we acquired it, I sent the engine and gearbox to Villiers Services for a substantial rebuild including mains, big end, rebore, gearbox bushes and so forth.

It is generally in fair condition with typical faults relating to age and use, and is not entirely original. Obviously there is room for improvement, if that's your thing, and that is reflected in the price.

V5 and historic tax.

Offers around £2,500 would be the ideal.

Thanks for reading,

Joe Whitehead, (Suffolk)

(Apparently I cannot upload attachments but I do have some pictures that can be emailed, if you are interested.)

Hi Joe
    Could you send me some pictures please.
    john.halfpenny@halfpenny.net
    Many thanks
    John

Comment

Thanks for the request. Email sent.

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X