Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS Trials with Trials Parkinson barrel - Amal Carb Settings

Hi
    I have a '65 TFS trials fitted with a trials Parkinson barrel and head fitted with an Amal 626 Mk.1 concentric. Does anyone know the correct jetting for this carb. on the parkinson barrel please?
    John

John
    Greeves never fitted the Parkinson barrel & head to any model. The TFS had a Villiers S25/6 carb.
    As a starting point, the Amal 626 was fitted to the THS and TGS with the following settings. I would think they would be about right also for the Parkinson set up.
    Main Jet: 140
    Pilot jet: 25
    Jet taper: .106
    Groove: 2
    Throttle: 2 1/2

Comment

Thanks for pre-empting a question I was going to post. Do you think these settings will work on a 32A trials motor? I am having trouble setting a 626 up. It came off a 32A engine being used in a Pre 65 (!) |James for trials. Works fine at trials speed but out on the road it is very rich, four stroking and detonating.
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Yes should be OK as jetting is fairly consistent to carb size, main jet & pilot jet should be OK but you may need to alter needle up or down a notch. The iron barrelled 32A should have an S25 Villiers Carb which is a simple carb and gives good results & was designed for the engine. The Amal carb comes in 2 stroke and 4 stoke form and you must have the correct type. (Rob can put you right on that)

Comment

Thanks John - I'll give it a try. Hoping to get it set up correctly to take to Mons in November

Comment

Thanks John W. The S25 off my motor was badly worn and rebuilt as best they could by VS. So jumped at the chance of a Concentric when it was offered to me. Will try the jets and settings as given above.
            Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Working...
            X