Bill Wilkinsons 24JJS 1969 Scottish winning bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Wilkinsons 24JJS 1969 Scottish winning bike

Seen at 2019 SSDT (pic Mike Tizzard via FB) Frame No 24TJSB104 reg WWC169F Does Bill still own the bike?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	59573113_10157202222582094_7136395364134813696_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	75646Click image for larger version  Name:	59381166_10157202222607094_5683036623680307200_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	75647

Hello John.
    Did you realise that this year marks the 50th anniversary of the last English bike to win the Scottish. It also is sadly the 60th anniversary of the death of great Brian Stonebridge. The Stafford Show ends the day before his death. Dave Bradley, Colin Sparrow and myself are organising the show planning to show these 2 events. We already have many things arranged with Ian Stonebridge and Barry Keymer. Unfortunately so far we have been unable to arrange anything about Bill's success.
    Do you have any contact with Billy which help us to get started?
    Thanks Mike

Comment

Someone in the club must be able to contact Bill, would be great to have this bike on display (he owns it).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
        Hello John.
        Did you realise that this year marks the 50th anniversary of the last English bike to win the Scottish. It also is sadly the 60th anniversary of the death of great Brian Stonebridge. The Stafford Show ends the day before his death. Dave Bradley, Colin Sparrow and myself are organising the show planning to show these 2 events. We already have many things arranged with Ian Stonebridge and Barry Keymer. Unfortunately so far we have been unable to arrange anything about Bill's success.
        Do you have any contact with Billy which help us to get started?
        Thanks Mike
        I have Bills number Will send you a pm Mike

Comment

Bill's Anglian was also on the stage with him as he presented the SSDT awards on the Saturday night of the event. Bill very kindly organised some official SSDT whisky to come my way - thanks Bill!

Comment

Did you think to ask him if he would bring the bike to October Stafford?
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Bill's Anglian was also on the stage with him as he presented the SSDT awards on the Saturday night of the event. Bill very kindly organised some official SSDT whisky to come my way - thanks Bill!
              Always on the cadge!!

Comment

Working...
              X