TD register.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD register.

I was wondering if there is a register for TD/TDS survivors in the club? .How many are alive?. You don't seem to see them for sale compared to other models.

From my own records there are 5 20TD 3 24TD and 39 24TDS Obviously these are the only ones that have come to light or have been notified to me, there will be more out there that are not on the register
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/01/2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

John - I assume you include the 24TD with the 24TDS numbers. Not that many on the list then. Quite happy with my 24TD!
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Martin, the short answer is that there is no GRA register of surviving examples of any of the Greeves models apart from the racers. Plus John Wakefield has his own private register of East Coasters, of course, and another private register of Anglians exists.

According to the factory records, 376 24TDS and 97 24TD machines were sold in the UK. There are a good few still about.

The GRA never started registers in the past, and anyway many owners prefer not to share information of what bikes they have.

If we tried to do so now we'd run into Protection of Information issues.

I had one myself twenty years ago. I daresay it's still about, although I don't know where. It had a DMW trials barrel if anyone out there has it. Can't remember the reg.

Oddly enough, I did an authentication inspection of a nice 24TDS yesterday - but I can't say where or for whom...
        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 16/01/2019, 06:03 AM.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by 350biker View Post
          John - I assume you include the 24TD with the 24TDS numbers. Not that many on the list then. Quite happy with my 24TD!
          There are currently 3 24TD's which I had erroneously included in the 20TD's (duly corrected)
          My private register now includes all models except Racers
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/01/2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I was wondering how many were about as I used to own 2. I kept looking for 3 years, but the only ones I saw were a mishmash of parts or way over the odds. In the end I bought a TE, which in my opinion is nowhere near as good Thanks for the replies, John and Colin.

Comment

Working...
            X