Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeve's frame list

Hello all
    As a new Greeve's Scottish owner and new member to the forum I would like some further information on my new bike.
    There used to be a list of frame numbers for all to see on the net so you could date the bike and it also gave model no etc Does any one know where it's gone ?
    Also any advice on getting the old girl road registered would be much appreciated
    Cheers

The list is on the main web site which is down till new year. If you give your frame number I can look it up on a list I have

Comment

Thank you
      here is the frame no 61/1566
      I'd be interested to know what it is listed as
      Cheers
      Steve

Comment

The frame number is a 1961 24TDS this is what I have on it:-
        eBay in Chesterfield by Spinning Wheel Classics 12/18 for £3795 engine number 2225H972E1442 is incorrect, its a Starmaker number on a 32A engine
        So presumably you bought it from Chesterfield, Where are you situated?
        This is your bike.

Attached Files
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/12/2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Have you ever thought of joining the Police !!!
          I did recently purchase from eBay
          im based in Suffolk, I'd like to use it for reliability trials. So a registration mark is now required. Also what is the little up stand for on the swing arm and has a little cap on ?

Comment

So John would you say it's agood one ?

Comment

Your up-stand is the filler for the chain oiler. Have you got the lower component for it that drips down to the chain?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie H View Post
                So John would you say it's agood one ?
                a good bike but well over priced by around £1000 if you paid the asking price
                You will need to contact Colin Sparrow to sort out registration with DVLA

Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/12/2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Cheers Brian
                  i will have a look, is there a picture anywhere ?

cheers John
                  I thought a bit pricey John but didn't pay asking price so glad about that !

Comment

Stevie H Always pays to check bikes out on here, the GRA forum before you buy them ,where there is a fountain of knowledge unlike the 'keyboard experts' on face book who often give duff info. Looks as though there are a few issues with your bike ie the chain oiler that Brian has spotted, the wrong serial number and plate, and of course it has no V5. These classic dealers never seem to do anything to the bikes. Lets hope the engine and rest of the bike is as good as it looks. Colin will be able to give you the original engine number from the dispatch records when he deals with you DVLA application. New (correct 32A) serial number plates are available from Villiers Services.

Comment

Stevie, the chain oiler worked well until your left boot or a rock removed it! (Hopefully not your right, or you were in deep XXXX) Then most riders ignored it and with modern chain lubicants, it's redundant unless you need it for accuracy sake. I have no detail photo, but I'm sure someone will find one for you.

Comment

Hello Stevie H.

As you're not (yet..) a GRA member, I'd better give you my contact details so we can get your bike authenticated for registration.

Just email me your name and address so that I can write to you to get things started.

Don't do anything more until you have received my letter - it will tell you what comes next. There will be a fee to pay. Half price to GRA members.

Colin Sparrow, GRA Authentication Officer

email: colinsparrow@btinternet.com
                        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 20/12/2018, 04:12 PM.
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                          Stevie, the chain oiler worked well until your left boot or a rock removed it! (Hopefully not your right, or you were in deep XXXX) Then most riders ignored it and with modern chain lubicants, it's redundant unless you need it for accuracy sake. I have no detail photo, but I'm sure someone will find one for you.
                          Have found this pic, not too clear and the plastic/rubber tube to direct oil onto chain is missing, also a drawing for the metering screw which will also require a spring under the head.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	73236Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4754.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.5 KB ID:	73237
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/12/2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Thank you for all the advice fella's
                            i do want to join chaps as a Greeve's has been on my wish list for a couple of years and as said I would really like to use it for reliability trials
                            Thanks again chaps and I will send an email to Colin with regard to joining the club etc

Comment

As suspected the metering screw is missing !

Comment

Working...
                              X