Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short or long swinging arm?

Hi, can anyone please advise,
    I have just acquired a 1959 197cc greeves trials bike. will it have a long or short swinging arm, as I want to fit a new silencer to it and apparently there are two options (from armours). What are the differing lengths? Any info on this greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Nick

The bike came out of factory with the long exhaust, but some got shortened as the end of silencer protruded from rear and got filled with mud if bike was up ended. I think the factory may have cut & shut some silencers certainly on works bikes. So choice is yours, you may find the short Armours one noisy! The swinging arm length is irrelevant to silencer length

Comment

See my response to the same post in the other section. The two silencers have different mountings which are for the different rear frame styles. The TD model (61 onwards) has a different rear frame which takes the single mounting silencer. The long swinging arm belongs to the TD. You may be able to fit the single mounting one to an earlier bike but suspect you might need to knock up a bracket or two.
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Working...
      X