Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24tfs?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greeves-1...2IZS:rk:2f:0
    Looks like a TES the TFS did not appear till 1965. Engine No P11235 445 appears to be a prototype, with Amal monobloc carb, in fact its a Don Smith special
    frame number is 24DSS/1 registration 152 UOO built by Don in 1963
    More about it on this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...62-trials-bike
    Was bought it from the late Monty Banks Jnr collection.in 5/16 & reported to have been sold to Steve Humphries living in Spain. Its changed a bit since Don built it, the tiny seat has been placed with a standard one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/11/2018, 10:47 PM.

Well, it certainly has a rod-operated back brake, and the TFS used a cable, so looks to be a TES. The frame number should reveal all...
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Frame number is 24DSS/1 a special built by Don Smith in 1963, so may not be on dispatch records It was owned & restored by the late Monty Banks Jnr., I think he restored it.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/11/2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

It is odd that, given it was subject to a well documented sale and then going to Spain only a year or thereabouts ago, it has now turned up in Essex, with the current vendor apparently not knowing much about the machine....?

Comment

When I spoke to current vendor he was not at all forthcoming, after originally telling me it had no frame number, he then said it was 24DDS so that lead me to the Don Smith bike which he then omitted it was that one. Said he would put up a pic of old buff logbook when he re listed (so does not expect to sell.) So did it actually go to Spain? I understand Steve Humphries is/was a GRA member, who's location on his profile as Catalunya. So maybe he has moved back to UK or it never went to Spain, the seller maybe another person
          Oh the joys of eBay
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/11/2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Has been relisted as it did not meet reserve. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greeves-1...2IZS:rk:3:pf:0
            Now confirmed as Don Smiths special, strange that the seller did not know this untill I told him

Comment

Again did not meet reserve best bid £3100

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                Again did not meet reserve best bid £3100
                I spoke to the owner and he said he'd an offer above that, so I believe it is most likely now sold.

Comment

Hopefully gone to a GRA member, who will make it available for showing on the club stand at shows. Lots of provenance and an excellent restoration by the late Monty Banks Jnr.

Comment

Working...
                  X