Replacing Anglian s/arm bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Anglian s/arm bushes

If you need to change your swingarm bushes and dont have acess to a press i had a tool made that acts like a corkscrew just wind it out worked fine on my tfs if you want to borrow it give us a call
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/06/2010, 10:37 AM. Reason: Clarity.

Hi Malcolm, a long shot but do you still have the tool and any basic instruction on how to replace them with the tool?
    Regards
    Sean

Comment

Ah I see Malcolm's post was 10 years ago!

I need to re-bush my TFS so this is of interest to me. I do have a cheap puller set that I may try out, and if so I will report back on how it goes.

Does anyone supply new bushes?

Comment

The bushings are rubber bonded to a steel sleeve. I had to use a large impact wrench to drive them out.

I made a tool and removed the bushings on my 24TGSB swing arm this morning. The bore is 1.125" You need a piece of round bar 1.110 outside, 1/2" hole about 1-3/4" long. A piece of 1-3/8X .095" steel tube 2" long, 8" of 1/2" threaded rod, a thick washer and two nuts. I would use a fine thread next time. I can post a sketch if needed.

Comment

Robush https://www.robush.com/bobbins-and-bushes-2/ do a wide range of bushes, I know that John Fryatt has used them in the past (it was he who told me about them)
          (Ian on another matter I have emailed you but as yet no reply, can yo look in you inbox)

Comment

I'm going to have to get the spindle out first, which I think is going to be a mission in itself (same problem with my MX2 frame).

Are the bushes metalastik?

Comment

Yes metalastik type see my previous post re Robush

Comment

Working...
              X