This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly Finished........

I've nearly finished 24THSB 275, first registered March 1967. I have the old green log book (no V5 though) which gives the registration number OPF 252E, and has Bert Thorn, of Comerfords, as the first signature in it. (this was done in order to register the bikes at the local vehicle licensing office, I'm told).
    The second name is that of a guy I used to ride with when I first started in the sport (1972), he had a Bultaco then but used to refer to his old Anglian, not always kindly! Small world, eh.
    It had been laid up for well over 25 years when I got it, (gearbox pawls broken) and I've given it a 'from the ground up' rebuild, but one thing I didn't have to fit was electronic ignition. The system on it pre-dates the current crop with a (Japanese or Motoplat, can't see any distinguishing markings) flywheel rotor having been let into a suitably machined Villiers flywheel, and a nicely made stator. Timing marks hand written, combined CDI and coil unit a bit like Electrex use but physically bigger, fat blue spark and starts easily, it did run when I got it (after cleaning carb, etc) but sounded like 2 skeletons making love in a tin can.
    I've replaced the 19" rear rim with an 18" to use modern tyres (it will be used in competition) and moved the footrests down and back. None of the mods I've made are irreversible.
    Just waiting for a new tank from Roger Ennis as the old one was battered and cracked, but have had it running on a tin can tank, sounds ok but not ridden it yet.
    Once its had a shakedown I hope to give it its first competitive outing at the Red Tape trial in February.

Comment

Anglian registration

Hi Colin,

My name is Bill Stammers, I registered # 270 as my Anglian, however, having cleaned the frame, the number is clearly 279, not 270, sorry for any confusion!!
      Kind regards Bill

Comment

V175 PHJ frame number 24TJSB2004 first regd 27/7/05 one of Mr Deal's

Comment

Hi Chris,
          I'm a new Anglian owner, 24TGS305. I know nothing about the bike but am looking to find out more.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim874 View Post
            Hi Chris,
            I'm a new Anglian owner, 24TGS305. I know nothing about the bike but am looking to find out more.
            Jim
            That will be this one recently for sale in Sudbury http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...light=24TGS305
            Attached Files

Comment

Another one - 24TJSF343

Frame number 24TJSF343 for sale on eBay 8/17 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greeves-An...EAAOSwT-lZpHiD

Comment

anglian reg.

Greeves Anglian. Frame No. 24TGS 180. Which came from AMERICA. That's is all the information I have

Comment

Another one for Anglian database 24THSA324 eng No 161FC944 owned by Bob Cooper of Sheperton, its for sale on Greeves facebook if anyone is intrested https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1 it has a V5C reg no looks like ???330E

I have since discovered that the frame number of this bike is actually 24THSB324
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/03/2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that, it is now on the database! Thank you for taking the trouble to let us know!

Now then, are there any more bikes out there stateside that anyone can give me frame numbers for please (any models, not just Anglians!)

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

I am collecting numbers that I will collate after Christmas and send to you and JW for inclusion in whatever lists you want.

Comment

24THSC235 engine 161FC920 in New York USA owner unknown https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	56386482_10214309492918493_5295428035808329728_n.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	74939

Comment

24THSC304 with Chick Jones USA? seen on FB https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Comment

Hi there. I just joined the forum, got a Wessex a couple months ago and having fun just trying to get info on her to fix up right! I came across this thread today thought I’d ad to it. I’m in the US, frame #24TJSC170

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I have two 24TJSC bikes, 166 & 212 - the leaflet below shows the different variations from the main importer Nick Nicholson.

Name:	Anglian models.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	79262

This my bike 166,

Name:	sm1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	79263

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket2246 View Post
                                Hi there. I just joined the forum, got a Wessex a couple months ago and having fun just trying to get info on her to fix up right! I came across this thread today thought I’d ad to it. I’m in the US, frame #24TJSC170
                                the 24TJS is an Anglian

Comment

Working...
                                X