Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amal pilot

Hi fellow Greeves people
    Firstly thanks again to John for his help with the points settings..everything went well and ignition now seems bang on.
    I've now swung onto the carb..Can anyone tell me the size of the pilot jet for my Challenger MX4 Amal Concentric R 932 / 3..cant see any markings on it. Is there a clue in the stampings?
    All assistance greatly appreciated

Listed size for 932 Concentric on a 36MX4 looks to be .106, and is usually marked as such, Dug.

Thanks for acknowledging previous help.

Good luck with sorting carburation.

Stay lucky!

John R
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 04/04/2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks again John.
      Was actually after the screw in pilot jet. The tiny little one in the bottom of the main body above the bowl. I did manage to get someone with better eyes than me to read the stamp and it is a #30. This is where the confusion sets in as Phil from Amal had sent me a spec sheet supposedly for both 24s & 36s indicating a #25 ??
      Didn't think sounded right..Is there anything in the service notes??

Click image for larger version

Name:	R932-3 1-2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	659.5 KB
ID:	90852

Comment

Sorry Dug. Yes, should have said 25. That is what is listed for the 932 Concentric little pilot jet on the 36MX4.

Comment

John
          Nicely, thanks for confirming. Greatly appreciated as usual.
          Regards Dug

Comment

Usually 25/30/35 just a tuning item like the main jet depends on use,affected by float height, etc, rider , engine ,exhaust, so you are good average starting postion

Comment

Working...
            X