Vic Allen's NSU-Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Allen's NSU-Greeves

Message from Anne Allen re Vic's NSU powered Greeves scrambler. Vic would like to sell it and see it out on the track. Does it qualify as an allowable modification for the Championship?

Period specials are allowed under Dave's Championship rules, Brian, so the NSU-Greeves would qualify if of similar spec to the original ones. I would gladly take it out on the track but would I need to take out another mortgage to buy it from Vic?
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 29/01/2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

You are the man for it John! Spoil yourself; dig deep!

Ian C

Comment

Thanks Ian. Thought I had retired from riding but this might be too good an opportunity to miss? Never say Never .................. ?

Comment

Additional info: Vic has ridden this machine on road runs including one in Scotland. The original lead came from Anne's post on FaceBook page "Riders who rode MX when it was called Scrambling". Prospective purchasers can see a small pic of the bike on that page, together with Vic's email address.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
            Thanks Ian. Thought I had retired from riding but this might be too good an opportunity to miss? Never say Never .................. ?
            Looks like you are going to be joining a Facebook group John!

Ian C.

Comment

Regret that would be a step too far, Ian. I was on there once-upon-a-time and got cloned by a resident Android which started sending spurious messages out to my "friends" from that other "me", so Beware all you others who do subscribe!

Take care all, and stay safe!

JR

Comment

Oh dear, that was a bad experience, John!

Ian C.

Comment

Enough to put me off of "social media" for life, Ian!

Have been in touch with Vic regarding his bike, by the way. Doesn't look like I will be taking things forward on that, though. Just a "pipe-dream!"
                  Last edited by johnrunnacles; 31/01/2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X