Telesco forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telesco forks

Does anyone know a supplier of the seals for 42mm Telesco forks? - There is one Spanish supplier on eBay

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fork leg2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	84762

Hi Tony,

I've just had a quick look around and I see what you mean mate....rockin' horse droppings indeed, apart from that guy in Spain.

However, I'm wondering if these guys might be able to help out? https://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/fork-seals/

I'm pretty sure Higgo has used them in the past and as fork seals go, if you can get one out (without destroying it) to measure it you may be able to find a suitable alternative to original. As long as you know the ID, OD and thickness (height) I think the only other detail to check is if it's double or single lipped. I believe most are double lipped for M/C applications but I'm sure the experts will be able to advise. Might be worth a phone call if nothing else.

Good hunting mate and hope this helps a bit...

Brian.

Comment

I’m sure Maico used 42mm dia stanchions so there might be a possible match

Comment

Thanks Brian/Phil I will check out your 'pointers'.

What I am unsure about is whether the QUB desert scrambler should have the Telesco or Ceriani. On the model codes it states Ceriani

M63D DESERT SCRAMBLER GRIFFON 380 B RATIO PGT GEARS, CERIANI FORKS

However on the Nicholson spec sheet it states Telesco

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forks.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	84768

and my one (when it arrives) has Ceriani. I could use either however I would like to get it correct - if there is such a state

Comment

Typical Greeves, eh Tony....!

One thing I'm now fairly certain of though is the double lip....one keeps the oil in and the other 'wiper lip' keeps the dirt out, apparently!

Exciting stuff eh....

Brian.

Comment

Working...
          X