X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkstone Heat Issues

Hi all,
    Looking for a bit of input with what I see as a problem,
    I have a Hawkstone with a 33a motor in it, is apparently a 24SAS Hawkstone special with the large square barrel and head, possibly a Val Onslow?
    Anyway I bought it because it took my fancy but has since caused me a little grief, having had the bottom end rebuilt (knackered) put together run up and seemed on the face of it okay couple of runs up and down the road (yep road registered) it heat seized (without flogging it) bore is ok after a hone, relieved the piston and polished it where required and fitted new rings , checked the clearance 4/5 thou so far so good, ran it stationary intermittently couple of short road runs.
    the thing is it seems to get hot fast and I cant help feeling its too hot, i'm concerned that a more than gentle run would be its undoing again.
    I had fitted an electrex world electronic ignition, I have been careful to set it up correctly timed static and checked with a strobe.

Any wise words would be welcome.

Ian

I'd message John Runnacles - he certainly knows his Hawkstones
    Last edited by John macleod; 27/05/2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Thankyou, I shall do that

Comment

I am flattered by John M's misplaced confidence, but I have responded to your message, Ian.

Comment

John
          Many thanks I shall check it out and digest

Comment

Posted to you at 11am, Ian. Click on Messages at top of screen, between Notifications and your name .............. Otherwise, if still not receiving, ask Ian (website admin on here) to assist/explain.
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 28/05/2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X