SCS Hawkstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCS Hawkstone

I have just brought the Hawkstone that was on Evilbay ,now I need some info .
    The frame number is 60/ 3434 but no engine number as plate is missing ,the bike appears to be in original condition but it has a Garda air filter I thought they were only fitted to the MCS ?
    The tank has some signature's in the paint work which is not good any idea how they are ?
    Any info on SCS Hawkstone would be great and what to do ie full resto or just tidy up
    Is the engine a 33A or 34A no engine number plate and how can I check what engine it is ?
    Simon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trialrider17; 07/03/2020, 02:53 PM.

Well done Simon! Looks like a good project, that could perhaps be recommissioned, rather than restored? Is it original paint?

The signatures appear to be Don Rickman (top),Derek Rickman (centre),and I can't read the bottom one.

I thought the same as you about the Garda filter, but no bad think to retain it.

It looks as though the barrel has the thick bottom flange (same as your 32A) so would be the 34A. I would say that is correct, but early SCS's may have had the 33A.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

The barrel on the 33A 34A & 36A is the same part No A11585. Engine would be a 33A ie 070D 33A 4 Speed Greeves 24SCS, MCS 1960-1961
      You can get original engine number from club dispatch records (Peter Smith or Colin Sparrow) & Villiers Services can supply an authentically stamped replacement plate.
      I have no previous record of the bike on the survivors list, thanks for passing on the number.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/03/2020, 07:25 PM. Reason: engine type added

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys ,I think it is original paint but will check .
        Will contact Pete or Colin to get engine number .
        Last edited by trialrider17; 07/03/2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Would be nice to keep it in this rare unrestored condition. The “patina” is excellent.

Comment

Hi Simon.

PM sent re engine number.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Lovely bike Simon..

Regards
              Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott pretty original apart from Garda filter and some rust on rear rim and engine plates .
                Simon

Comment

Working...
                X