1967 Challenger colour codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Challenger colour codes

Hi - I was a comp rider in the 50’s and 60’s but now make Bike models. I recently picked up an ancient 1/9 scale Protar kit of a 1967 360 Challenger.
    Could anyone please tell me the colour codes for the green tank and the ‘grey(?)’ rear frame?

Hi Peter, glad you are still enjoying bikes, as far as i know, there are no definate paint codes, such as the RAL system for these bikes, but if you can find it on this forum somewhere, you may find what some members have determined to be the best colour match to the original.
    Good luck with your quest & keep building the bikes!

Comment

Thanks Dave - bikes never leave you do they! Hopefully someone can sort the colours for me.

Comment

Peter

To my older eyes you need to be looking at RAL 6001, 6010, AND 6017. Any of these look very close to Moorland Green.

Not an expert on the Challenger, aside from the blue and green frames the later ones were silver, or hammered silver.

Good luck.

Phil
        Last edited by Phil Hyde; 13/11/2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks Phil - that’s very useful. Out of interest, do you also have the code for the blue as used on the early 60’s comp bikes as on the Scottish I rode? Moorland blue?

Comment

Peter

RAL 5010 or 5017. If you search Moorland Blue on this forum you may get other interpretations, opinions and further input.

Good luck

Phil

Comment

Phil. I think that should be RAL5001, not 5010....? From what I can gather, most people go for 5001 these days, although it sometimes looks a bit light compared with the odd original example that has come up. That would depend on what factory batch it came from, as they varied.....

Comment

Thanks again Phil and Ian - I will be able to sort something out from your info. Very much obliged.

Comment

Working...
                X