mds with b44 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mds with b44 engine

Does anyone know of any pictures of a mds with a bsa b44 or unit single motor in, i know they have been used in h/stones etc, but don`t know if one has been fitted to a mds without modifying the underside of the tank? be interested to see!. thanks.

No experience of BSA engines in the MDS. However, the Triumph twin can be squeezed in. Yes, it is a tight fit, and the beam casting and engine cases do require fettling.

Certainly, the basic principles are the same.

Gearbox sprocket position in two planes and offset.

I have the MDS frame dimensions Dave should you need them. Could be a nice project.
    Last edited by Phil Hyde; 14/06/2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Nearest I have seen is a B40 unit mounted in a Silverstone chassis, Dave, which has basically similar frame to the MDS. Picture is on pp186 and 187 of the Carrick and Walker book. Tank, albeit not the MDS pattern one, looks to have been set in a high(ish) position to allow it to happen

Comment

Many thanks for the info & offers phil & john, i have found some old pics & had a measure up & it looks like a goer, now all i have to do is source the basics of a b44 motor to trim down to a 350.

Comment

Working...
        X