No announcement yet.

Desert bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lens is not the issue, they are standard Lucas. The housing is Greeves and that is the difficult part to source - the Greeves Pathfinder has a smaller version.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1318.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	79036

I could always use the Ranger style rear lamp holder

Name:	IMG_1903.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	511.3 KB
ID:	79037

Comment

Looks like one of these:

https://www.classicbikepartscheshire...otorcycle-p231

Comment

Thanks Brian - interestingly the Gauntlet one looks like the main section of the Enduro one and then an ugly bit put on the end - very Greeves. I can't believe they would go to that much trouble for a prototype.
        I have actually made a card template for the parts so if I can get out of be sociable over Christmas () I might see what I can come up with.

It would be interesting know whether they were shipped with the bikes or sourced out there - maybe someone knows?

Comment

John it could be the LUCAS 917 Rear Lamp Code: 19044 - with a made up holder unless it was a Triumph/BSA etc one or part of one.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
            Thanks Brian - interestingly the Gauntlet one looks like the main section of the Enduro one and then an ugly bit put on the end - very Greeves. I can't believe they would go to that much trouble for a prototype.
            I have actually made a card template for the parts so if I can get out of be sociable over Christmas () I might see what I can come up with.

It would be interesting know whether they were shipped with the bikes or sourced out there - maybe someone knows?
            My pleasure mate, as always.

Brian.

Comment

Looking at the various pics, I would say they used Lucas parts wherever they could.

Comment

Brian the lens on the Enduro and Ranger are both Lucas, it is the body which is made by Greeves and the difficult part to source. You can tell the Enduro part is made by Greeves as it is quite agricultural in it's design and production.

Name:	rearlamp5.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	79051

Comment

Mounting bracket rather than body. Is there not a drawing for it.

Comment

Brian the lens on the Enduro and Ranger are both Lucas, it is the body which is made by Greeves and the difficult part to source. You can tell the Enduro part is made by Greeves as it is quite agricultural in it's design and production.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	rearlamp5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	79051
                    Here you go Tony, just to confirm what you already know (….!), as promised and further to my earlier post, I've managed to find another reference pic of an original one for you, this time with a bit more detail. Interestingly, it looks just like the one you posted above....

So...back to your original question, has anyone out there got one?

Hope you and Sarah have a great time in Almeria mate, take care.

Brian. (the other Brian.)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 29/11/2019, 12:32 AM. Reason: Pic re-attached.

Comment

Hi Tony,

Had another thought re the possibility of drawings for the bracket....

If they exist and follow the usual Greeves practice, I'd guess there would be three to four required in total for the component parts. One for the main 'box' section, another for the lamp holder, another one for the number plate 'tab' (unless the later two items are made in one piece, so one for both), then a final 'with assembly' drawing showing the complete unit fully constructed, shown in both plan and elevation.

I know that at least you have your card templates to work with for now, but be nice to have the original specs to hand if available.

In the meantime, if I hear of any further leads I'll let you know for sure.

Brian.

Comment

Okay Colin, by the way this is the last one that was already paid for (I will send the email if you can't remember)
                        Ok, Tony, I accept that. There's been a fair amount of water under the bridge since then what with my illness, operation etc. Just demonstrates that it genuinely is essential for me to stick with my system.

Just let me have the application and photos and I'll talk to Les - mind you he's probably spotted it on here already...
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Only too pleased to help.

Comment

Thanks Colin/Les

Comment

Just had the registration back from the DVLA, no issues this time thank goodness. It did take a long time as I put the application in just as lock down was happening, so there is probably a bit of a log jam.

Just need to get the registration plate then I will try it out on the green lanes near bye.

Comment

Working...
                              X