No announcement yet.

Griffon 380 Enduro 61NB 209

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, if you visit my facebook page, you can see more detailed pics & other examples of this type of work, plus of course, vapour blasting, ultrasonic cleaning, etc. click on & scroll down, it sometimes buffers slightly, so give it time to load.
    https://www.facebook.com/Cms-vapour-...dmin_todo_tour
    Last edited by dave higgins; 18/06/2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Brian, yes always confident when Dave is doing the work, trouble is there are so many people out there that think they can do it - not me

Comment

Can anyone tell me was thread the 5/16 studs are for a 380 Griffon barrel for the carburettor please?

Comment

The engine is now running and lights working thanks to Dave's work
          A few bits to finish off which hopefully will be within my skill set.
          The tank needs lining before use or the new alloy tank might be used instead of going on the 250.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1312.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	77023

Name:	IMG_1315.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	77022

Name:	IMG_1319.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	77024

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	77025

Tank ready for welding

Name:	IMG_1290.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	428.9 KB
ID:	77026
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony, looks good, the alloy tank is gonna be a belter & many thanks for your custom
            On a side note, Tony kindly dropped off two h/stone/ mds seats that Gary bamford has had made, i can only say, that they are of superb quality & made with proper moulded foam, unlike the cheap subsitutes that are around.
            Well done Gary, your efforts & attention are to to be admired.

Comment

Bike looks great Tony yes well done Dave
              and thanks for feed back on the MDS seats it makes it worth wile getting them made

Comment

Too nice a day not to go for a ride on a bike. Since having the bike back from Dave I have not started it as I did not want to wreck the tank with ethanol mixed fuel that is all we have in Devon filling stations. As I was desperate to have a ride on it I bought 5 litres of Aspen 4stroke petrol, more expensive than my wine. A couple of kicks and away she went, ticked over nicely while I put all my gear on. Gearing is great on the GBA box and acceleration is great though I did not push it as the engine has only just been rebuilt by Dave and I don't fancy giving it back to him in a box of bits.

I might try and take it to the Pearce Simons reunion as I need a club authentication certificate and I am sure there will be someone there who can check it out.

Name:	IMG_1383.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	77193

Name:	IMG_1384.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	77194

Name:	IMG_1386.jpg
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	77195

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	77199

Name:	IMG_1387.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	77200
                Attached Files

Comment

Tony, please don't try to short-cut the authentication process. That way leads to confusion and mistakes.

Do you want me to send you an application form?

Colin

Nice-looking bike, by the way. Bet it makes the welkin ring...
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Not a short cut Colin - re your email 23/05/19

"That will be fine provided Les is happy. So far as I am concerned then, you've already paid for both of those. As soon as I get the inspection reports I will get the authentication certificates done".

I was going to arrange with Les however I thought a day out to the Perce Simon Reunion and get the authentication completed at the same time. If that is not possible then I will take the easier option of just arranging with Les.

I have the forms typed up ready for completion by the authenticator.

Comment

OK Tony, thanks for the reminder. I didn't realise it was one of those bikes. See what I mean about confusion?

Let's follow due process next time. Please.

Better be Les then - unless Rob or Dick are there.

I take it (knowing you) that the Enduro is NOVA clear?

Colin Sparrow

Comment

Quick ride today and then fitted the amber reflectors on the stone guard. Unfortunately reproduction ones however I have some originals coming soon.

The bike does rip up the grass centre of the lanes.

Name:	reflector.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	77514

Comment

The paint has arrive, not from R&S paint but from from Custom Paints. I sent both the red and blue side panels to R&S paint who scanned them to match the colours. However they said it was better to get the coloured glitter from Custom paints as that is where they would get it from. I must say R&S paint are a good company to deal with, they phoned me several times and gave me advice that meant I went elsewhere - great service. As to the glitter I was advised that the 'sprayer' will find it easier if it is mixed in a 'carrier' so he can spray coats until the desired look is achieved. I pick up the new alloy tank next week so it should not be too long before I can get it sprayed. However it will probably be the 250 that get's the new tank first as it is in poorer condition than the 380.

Name:	paint.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	77601

Comment

Now on this Sunny Saturday don't tell me you have not had a ride on a bike?

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1522.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.6 KB ID:	77611

A few more small jobs done however the speedometer ends up 90 degrees to the right when lined up with the bracket. Whether this is because it is not the original speedometer, though the correct SSM5002/00A or when being rebuilt not put back in the same position. Hopefully Arthur at Gagg & sons will have the answer.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1517.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	77612
                            Last edited by tony; 14/09/2019, 06:56 PM. Reason: Extra photo

Comment

Not even 90 degrees Tony, more like 89. Obviosly assembled incorrectly.

Comment

I can see the problem (thanks Gary) the speedometer mounts to the cup and then bolted to the bracket. I thought the speedometer went through the cup and bolted to the bracket

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0411.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	77620

Comment

Working...
                                X