No announcement yet.

Griffon 250 Enduro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does look better from a distance and in photographs - however does accelerate well and the gearing as I said is great.

Comment

Bit late getting out on the Enduro due to technical problems - spark plug top needed tightening, I expect it was shorting out. Started first kick after that however it was getting a bit dimpsey by the time I got out. The lights work well and are very good compared to the other 6 volt lights I have on the other bikes - it will be even better with an LED bulb. Looks even better in the dark, mind you so do I
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
        Bit late getting out on the Enduro due to technical problems - spark plug top needed tightening, I expect it was shorting out. Started first kick after that however it was getting a bit dimpsey by the time I got out. The lights work well and are very good compared to the other 6 volt lights I have on the other bikes - it will be even better with an LED bulb. Looks even better in the dark, mind you so do I
        What is the correct spark plug for a QUB please? What is a good plug to warm it up?Any tips on starting it from our experts please?

Comment

Just had the registration come through from the DVLA, interestingly like my previous bike they have not put the model. It is just listed as a Greeves with Historic status, I put on the form on both occasions the model so I can only assume they are not bothered as it is historic.
          Anyway registration plate will be with me by Friday so next weekend I should be able to take it for a blast.

Comment

Griffin grief - Well I kicked and kicked, changed the fuel, had a spark but apart from couple of bursts of life - dead
            That said the spark seemed erratic so that maybe the issue. Took old faithful (TFS Trail) out for a ride - stale fuel - flood the carb and away we go, happy days - apart from the rain

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Perhaps it doesn't like being spelt wrong?

Happy Christmas, Tony.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Spelt incorrectly would be better than wrong. It was supposed to rhyme with a rude word however I thought I better not lower the tone so omitted the word. Anyway it's Christmas so I think a little 'divergent' spelling is in order,

and a Merry Christmas (Happy is used for the New Year, Merry for Christmas, since 1935 )

Tony

Comment

Tony, nicely put mate, prehaps colins butler has put to much starch in his underpants?

Comment

Well it was supposed to be a joke comment. I didn't really think Gryphons could spell.

Apart from the seasonal compliments which were perfectly sincere of course.

I plan to be both Merry and Happy today. And Dopey as well, probably.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

I know it was, I just like the banter - actually nowadays it has to be Happy Holiday for obvious reasons

Comment

Sunday afternoon ride on the Enduro, running well and starts easily from hot or cold. So was I the only one on a ride out today?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0409.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	74809

Comment

No. I went to the Lodge Coaches Classic Car meet, not many bikes here but over 100 classic cars and of course Lodges vintage coaches including a rare Burlingham bodied forward control Bedford OB that has just been restored. Went on the EC a round trip of 65 miles in glorious weather. Had one guy ask me where the Greeves was made, although we were in Essex less than 25 miles from the factory he did not know that.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07250.JPG Views:	1 Size:	427.5 KB ID:	74812Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07256.JPG Views:	1 Size:	431.6 KB ID:	74813

Comment

Just has some interesting information from the Nicholson site. The very small CEV speedometer which is hard to find as 2:1 and rotating the correct way was actually mounted either on the front or the rear wheel. The is was confirmed by Dave Harper and Kenny Sykes. Kenny has a copy of the Jeckel Industries brochure which has the speedometer drive on the front, which is the same as the ISDT griffon in the picture. As my bike is a Jeckel bike - it had the Jeckel logo, then possibly it should be on the front. Ironically enough when I bought it the drive was on the rear so obviously either started that way or was changed at some point. The front might be a better position as there is virtually no gap between the drive and the swinging arm making it difficult to fit. I used a Triumph speedometer (2:1) drive which unfortunately rotates the wrong way. If I put it on the front opposite side then maybe it will rotate the correct way?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ISDT enduro.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	76389

Name:	IMG_1050.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	76391
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just started changing over the new tank, I expect in 50 years time when the colour has faded it will look the same as the original one

Side panels next

Name:	IMG_0736.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	80661

Comment

Now with side panels, just waiting for the Griffon tank badges and Jeckel Industries transfer.

Name:	IMG_0757.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	80706

Comment

Working...
                                X