Griffon 250 Enduro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinions

Not much, if any wear to be seen. Gear hobbing has come a long way in 50 years. Jack Knight did a lot of work for Greeves. Perhaps someone out there in forum land could add comment.

Comment

Pictures don`t show it very well, a different angle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Muffler

Thanks to Dave the engine is up and running though a bit loud for road use. My first attempt at finding a suitable one, got the response "not very period". Fair comment for a cheap Chinese one.

So I thought I better make on that might look more in keeping.
        Since I have a few tool box tubes spare I thought I would use one as the base for the muffler. I already have some perforated tube and fibreglass wadding and a tail piece of another exhaust. The end cap which has a slightly longer rim has been drilled so bolts can be used to change the wadding if and when required. The caps have been drilled to accept a 28mm pipe (not welded on yet) and the tail piece will be cut to length once on the bike to see what looks best. A bracket will be welded on the side and then it should be good to go.

Hopefully it will look similar to the one on the Orange Ranger

Comment

Hi Tony, picture as per pm.
          Attached Files

Comment

Eat your heart out Kirsty Alsop

Make do and mend is the name. All finished and the most expensive part was the GRA sticker

Not sure yet whether the tail pipe will need trimming and also the bracket- I should know tomorrow

Hopefully more in keeping than the Chinese one

Comment

Sticker won't last long once the exhaust warms up.

Never intended to be a show bike was it Tony?
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

All credit to Tony for having a go & at least the bike is going to be used, as it should be.......

Comment

Awesome

Looking awesome, engine, lights all working as they should thanks to Dave. Tank and side panels just back from Roger who has made moulds so new ones can be made when necessary.
                  I can't wait to have a ride, especially with the new muffler

Comment

250 enduro

I've recently picked up an enduro but mine as a plastic tank. Not sure if it's an after market tank but looks pretty good.

Comment

Jeckel transfer

The transparent background transfer for the side panels are now ready

Comment

Thanks to Dave for sorting the Griffon 250 Enduro, looks even better with the sunlight shining from behind.. Maybe it would make me look better as well?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Tony, it looks so much better at your gaff, than it did at mine.....lol seriously though, i think you made the right decision, to just keep it to the well used look.....to many gleaming unused greeves around doing nothing. anybody any idea how the like symbol works on the superb revamped forum?

Comment

Mot sorted, usual wheel alignment not perfect and a new minor for me was the dip switch should be on the handlebar. The original switch is a PS9 on the headlamp which obviously means you have to take one hand of the handlebar to use it - bit like a hand signal.
                            The bike goes really well (thanks Dave) quite quick with a nice long fourth gear which is probably due to the correct GBA gearbox which the enduros had for a higher top speed.
                            250 rated for 70mph and the 380 90MPH.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Second ride, too nice not to go for a ride today. Fortunately I have an unmetalled road just up the lane from me so it was a good road to test the somewhat aggressive tyres. They are much more aggressive than the usual TKC80's I fit. However nice and stable on the rough and a little more squirrelly on the road. I would not want to lean too much in the wet, which you can do with the TKC80's with confidence.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Tidy bike Tony, I think Greeves missed the opportunity to have marketed this in the UK as Enduro/ISDT

Comment

Working...
                                X