Gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing

Hi folks, my ride at red marley was not too succesfull, the MX6 i had rebuilt had only about a gallon put through it befor the big day and i think the motor was still a little tight. A combination of that and she had the standard MX6 gearing of 15/54, i could not get her to rev out in third never mind get into fourth also the std 3.50x19 front end did not like the porridge like surface. Approaching the pimple in my early morning two practice's it was like someone was putting the brakes on and i had to go down to second losing too much momentum. My first race was the first race and the track was much the same, my last race was 4 1/2 hours later and the track had dries a bit, i got to the pimple found i had loads more grip than befor and cocked it up by nearly flipping her. There was a guy there on i think a green 250 Griffon he seemed to be doing ok, are you on here ? i did not get chance to speak, i would love to know what gearing you were running. On a bright note i rode to raise money for cancer research as i lost my wife last year to that vile disease and it looks like i will get past the £1000 mark which is more than i imagined. Great event Great camerarderie hope to have another go. Stace.
Working...
X