Grevel perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grevel perhaps?

As they say in Blue Peter, one I made earlier, one of my Bath Classic club mates suggested as a quiz , how many bikes is it made of!
    Attached Files

Greeves frame

Velocette engine and oil tank

AJS Stormer/Starmaker clutch and gearbox

Cotton/Stormer front forks and wheel

Don't recognise the rear wheel or the petrol tank.

John
    John A - 268

Comment

Neither did I but I think they came from the land of the rising sun

Comment

Great thread Stormer, and an amazing 'bitsa' if ever there was! Can't be many Grevel(o?!)'s around...! In fact, it's given me an idea for a new thread; watch this space!

Awesome bike! What's it like to ride then?

And well done to John-Boy for 'spotting' all the bits by the way!

Maybe we could have a weekly 'Name the Widgit' competition on the forum? Might be fun! Any takers?

Brian.

Comment

Goes pretty well but needs fine tuning, i.e attacking the exhaust with an angle grinder till the length is about right , it has the s s s stutters if you give her full welly at mid revs, not much good on a scrambler. the engine is a Viper, oil tank rigid Mac, MDS frame with 1.5 inches extra in the middle, Starmaker gearbox, Stormer clutch, Cerani type forks, greeves yokes, home made chain cases, tank warmed up with oxyaac then rockerbox clearance made with a hammer, agricultural self aligning bearing supporting crank overhang, Stormer front wheel, rear brake pedal is a concrete reinforcing bar and she runs on petrol. the,ahem, silencer is a talpipe off some scrap old car
          When she goes good I plan to do the cosmetics, but those who know me just burst out laughing.

Comment

Marvellous! Careful and well considered design and project planning, sound precision engineering practice and execution, finely crafted components made from the finest exotic and rare materials, a rigorous and detailed approach to testing and fine tuning, all put together with an unlimited budget and the love and care befitting a thoroughbred competition machine.

Sounds like my kinda bike. Bring it to the AGM next year and we'll rig the vote so it wins first prize in the concours!!!!!!
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/05/2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

That will take more rigging than the Cutty Sark had!

Comment

Ha ha!

Nothing that a bit of T-Cut and Solvol couldn't sort out!!!

Comment

Working...
                X