No announcement yet.

Griffon frame number query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant help with the L part, but your frame number appears to be part of a batch that went to USA. For the survivior record are you willing to say where in the world you live and your real name.

Comment

According to my records a M60L is a 250 desert scrambler fitted with B ratio 10/12 DP gears blue GRP and Ceriani forks.

Druid

Comment

Incidentally B ratio is the intermediate wide set, C is close and A is extra wide.

Druid

Comment

Hi

Is this post active , 2024 I have some questions if possible ?

In any event kind regards to all .

db uk brighton.

Comment

Fire away, DB.....

Comment

Also have a question in 2024! I was asking a question about timing but the post on frame numbers got me intrigued I have a Griffon I think QUB imported to Australia & purchased by my friend brand new so I am only the second owner. Frame number is 63A 131 any history would be welcome.
              Now to the ignition, am trying to set the timing to 3.5 bftdc but the plate with the pinhole will not go far enough in the slots to achieve this probably 4 to4.5mm bftdc will try to include a couple of phots to help. Question is am I assembling it correctly or do I just need to elongate the slots?
              Cheers
              Bryn
              Attached Files

Comment

63A131 is a 1972 QUB 380 Griffon, I dont have it on Survivors list but have now added it, can you also let me have engine number and condition for the record. As it looks to be an exported bike the club wont have a record of it as they only have dispatch records for UK bikes. Sorry I cant help re ignition timing.

Comment

Thanks John for the info have enclosed a picture of the Greeves, engine No. GPG 1/126 At age 83 I want to get it fired up and maybe have the last few rides! Probably putting it up for sale so two more questions please appx value these days? and can you point me to someone who would know about the ignition timing? Thanks again
                  Cheers
                  Bryn
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bryn, you can get a copy of the Service Notes for your bike from the club the email address is editor.leadinglink@btinternet.com. a digital version is 3.50 GBP this should have timing info.

Comment

Working...
                    X