Rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shocks

Which shocks ? Hagons or NJB. The NJB seem to be about 50 quid cheaper. I've got Hagon Nitros on my Yamaha 1300, top quality and the factory/dealer is only 3 miles down the road. But if NJBs are up to the job, then they would do.
    What are your opinions ?

Shocks

If you need shocks for serious comp work then its Hagons. NJB's ok for roadsters & trials bike used mainly on the road. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Ask 10 motocross riders about shocks and you will get 10 different views!!

Basically you do get what you pay for and it is easy to waste money in this area. decide what level of rider you are/or what level of performance you have vs budget available...as Shocks range from expensive to daylight robbery!

At the top end .... check out what the top classic riders use that will give you a clue........you will see lots of Ohlins and Reiger Racing....both are excellent but very expensive.....I run Reigers on my QUB and they are by far the best shocks I have used.
      Not sure about Hagon;s for motocross - but worth a check

Another option which some mates have had success with - at alledgedly less money - are Rockshocks - http://www.rockshocks.co.uk

I run a set of NJB's on my 250 griffon - just the basic version and they are reliable and do the job. I think if you go NJB I would go for the latest expert - adjustable shocks - which would be better value.

send me a PM if you want any more background info
      Cheers Kim
      Last edited by Kim275; 10/10/2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

There's nought wrong with NJB's for pre-65 scrambling, Demon, and, if you're an Essex lad, you'll find Norman Bateman is "just down the road" too!

Welcome to the Club, by the way, and the Pre-65 scramblers look forward to meeting you at Marks Tey on 6 November. We could do with a few more DoT's - whoops, what have I said, now??

confirmedgreevesrider!!!
        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 10/10/2011, 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling error in haste to post

Comment

With you on both points John - NJB's will do the job!

Be good to see more british 2-strokes in pre-65 meets - so welcome to Demon! Cheers Kim

p.s One tip - whichever way you go talk to the maker and give them your bike details and rider weight - riding style etc - as important to get right damping and spring rates.
          Last edited by Kim275; 11/10/2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
            There's nought wrong with NJB's for pre-65 scrambling, Demon, and, if you're an Essex lad, you'll find Norman Bateman is "just down the road" too!

Welcome to the Club, by the way, and the Pre-65 scramblers look forward to meeting you at Marks Tey on 6 November. We could do with a few more DoT's - whoops, what have I said, now??

confirmedgreevesrider!!!
            Its Norman BLAKEMORE http://www.njbshocks.co.uk/

Comment

NJB shocks

Of course, it's Norman Blakemore. I know him (and Simon B) well!

Apologies to all concerned for ANOTHER senior moment!!

John R

Comment

As long as you didn't post Norman Bates, his Mum would have answered the phone!

Comment

OK, thanks for all your comments. I bought Hagon shocks for the rear and theylook like they will do the job nicely.
                  Now for the fronts.
                  Spoke to Norman at NJB and he done a batch for the Dot Club, although speaking to the Dot Club, he doesn't think they would be up for scrambling, only trialing. Spoke to Hagon, no good can't do. Then went to Rock Shocks and he can only make up to 17", but I need 19 3/4". So what do I do ? Maybe have to go for the NJBs and hope for the best or has anyone else got any suggestions ................please

Oh and I went to Marks Tey on the 6th Nov. Fantastic day, can't wait for the new season, just hope the bikes finished by March.

Comment

You could try Falcon Shocks in Wareham, Dorset. I have a set on my Challenger, they are rebuildable and Robin will make a set to measure.

The steel body ones are about mid-price range and the trick aluminium-body ones are more expensive.

John A - 268

Comment

Working...
                    X