Front Tyres 25DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Tyres 25DC

Hello, my first post here. I have a 3.00x19 Avon Speedmaster ribbed front tyre fitted to my original WM1 rim, and I want to replace it.
    What other tyre would fit please ? I appreciate different makes have different sizes once they are actually fitted, and I wonder if anyone has recently fitted a tyre other than the Speedmaster? Thanks

I have waded through the searches, but nothing that really helps
    Last edited by Rhodri; 27/10/2020, 04:23 PM.

You will need to find another ribbed pattern as 300 x 19 is already very tight fit in fork loop, the original size was 275 x 19. So you will not have enough clearance to fit a block treaded tyre. This Mitus one may fit but check with supplier first https://www.oponeo.co.uk/motorcycle-...-m-c#316237170

Comment

Thanks, most distributors haven’t got that precise knowledge of the tyres, I hope for some real examples from those who have fitted them.

Does it affect handling if I use an 18” rim? I have to replace the rim anyway.

Comment

I have a 2.75 x 19 on the front of my East Coaster, not ribbed however nice to ride on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1940.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	84682

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1936.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	84683

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1939.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	84684

Comment

I have a 2.75 X 19 ribbed tyre on my 25DC it too is a Cheng Shin. I bought it a few years ago from a regular advertiser in. Old Bike Mart (I can’t remember the name). The tyre works fine for me. I cannot quickly work out how to attach a photo!!

Comment

18" rims have been fitted and with a large section tyre which should not effect handling significantly, but as you will read other owners have successfully obtained the correct size 275x19 which owing the the extra clearance gives a wider choice of tread pattern. Avon no longer do the Speedmaster in 275 section only 300 hence the clearance issue. I use the 300 Speed master on my bike, they do tend to be expensive though compared with Chen Shin. Changing the rim size makes the bike non standard, something that could effect the price when you sell it. The choice is yours.
            Ken. Chen Shin still do a ribbed 275 x 19 tyre https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-75-19-h....c101072.m2109
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/10/2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I too have a block tread Cheng Shin, 2.75x 19. it's great.
              Last edited by John Pattinson; 28/10/2020, 09:57 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Block tread Chen Shin available from https://www.vintagetyres.com/shop/ch...iversal-275-19
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/01/2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for replies. I emailed Mitas tyres and got information from them. Looks like a 275 H01 would fit, the 300 is debatable. They recommend pairing with their H06. The Cheng Sing block tread is a real possibility. I am going to contact Heidenau now and see what they have. Metzeler contacted and their ME11is too wide
                  Last edited by Rhodri; 28/10/2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

In the end I ordered a 3.00-19 Speedmaster and paired it with a Dunlop K82, 3.50-18. Thank you for your help

Comment

That should be OK as I have that combination on my 25DC Mk2 East Coast, handles fine.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

This firm do a 2.75 x 19 Heidenau tyre suitable for Greeves roadsters https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk...4-47s/1/020486 good reliable company I have used them for Townmate tyres

Comment

Working...
                          X