LED Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Lamps

I have just about finished my 25DB Roadster took it out for a short ride today and everything seems to be working correctly, the only problem I have is with the lights, I am using Non Polarity LED's in the Rear / Brake Light, Side Light and Speedo Light the only one giving me a problem is the Brake Light when braking the brake light works but turns on the Side Light and the Speedo Light if I change the Rear LED for a standard light this does not happen and all lights work as they should. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening, I am more than a little confused !!

My immediate thought is that you have a poor earth return somewhere.

Comment

I had problems of this sort when I put LED bulbs in the flashers of my 1971 BSA A65T oif version. As they take less current the current flow can go where you dont expect it to go. On the BSA when I put the flashers on one side both sides came on. Had to fit diodes to the wiring to act as electrical "non return valves". Afraid it needs the services of a good sparky to review the wiring diagram to see if this might be happening to your bike.
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Another issue you may have is over charging of the battery when headlights are on. Extra lighting coils are switched in to compensate for extra wattage, LEDs only take a very small amount of current so will result in overcharging of the battery. Frankly on a bike that is probably mainly only going to be used in daylight hours its not worth changing to LED bulbs?

Comment

I have had an LED rear lamp arrangement from Paul Goff for a number of years on my 25DC.
          The brightness of both the rear and particularly the brake light is very good and I’ve always considered it one of my better mods!
          I too hardly use the bike in the dark so did not consider it worth changing any of the other lamps.

Comment

Ditto on Goffy's rear LED bulbs.

Comment

Working...
            X