Rare 20R4 turns up on facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare 20R4 turns up on facebook

A 1957 20R4 which was in bits in boxes when it was bought around 2008 and put back together and was used up until about 3 years ago, but the owner has had bad health so decided to sell up, its oily rag condition but but with fresh fuel in it started second kick and ran nice. Frame number is 7200/R4. The facebook member Chris Strange is negotiating purchase. There are only two other 20R's on survivors list, both R3's (three speed gearbox)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/08/2020, 08:36 AM.

Which Facebook group is it on, John?

Ian C.

Comment

Enthusiasts https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater Hi on looking at a Greeves 197cc been told it’s a road bike not trials good running order not sure on year or model any ideas on price??as not many come up
      Thanks
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/08/2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Now in new owner's possession.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          A 1957 20R4 which was in bits in boxes when it was bought around 2008 and put back together and was used up until about 3 years ago, but the owner has had bad health so decided to sell up, its oily rag condition but but with fresh fuel in it started second kick and ran nice. Frame number is 7200/R4. The facebook member Chris Strange is negotiating purchase. There are only two other 20R's on survivors list, both R3's (three speed gearbox)
          There was a 20R4 at the founders rally a few years ago and it was ridden there and on the Greeves pitch.Sadly some subhumans stole it and set fire to it.I dont know if it was rebuilt afterwards.I have a 1955 and 1956 20R3 in bits.

Comment

I photographed that 20R at Founders Day. One of the pictures appears on page 35 of my book. A lovely original unrestored bike with its original paint. A tragedy that it was later vandalised.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
            X