25DB Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25DB Exhaust

Having purchased the Bike without the correct exhaust fitted (25DB - Villiers 2T) I am now trying to decide what to fit. I prefer the look of Twin Silencers but am not 100% certain that they can be fitted on this model, I can get the individual Pipes and Silencers from Armours as fitted to the James, FB, Enfield ETC but does anyone here have these fitted to their bike or should I stick with the Siamese and a Single Silencer.
    Any advise would be welcome before I go and purchase something that I cannot use !!
    Peter

Not sure about current availability but the 25DB originally came from the factory with the siamese pipes and LH silencer. I know that because I bought one new in 1960!

Stan

Comment

Correct fitting is siamese system separate silencers not fitted on 25DB. and only later 25DC, DD and DCX. Try Villiers Services for the siamese system, if you are doing a full restoration and want a bike to be all correct then you need to fit the correct system.

Comment

I realised that the Siamese System is correct for this Bike but was just asking if anyone had fitted the Twin System on a DB, I would have gone to VS but they no longer have the correct Silencers as the tooling has now worn out and talking to Steve he is unsure if they are going to be able to do them in the future as it does not warrant the £10k investment to retool for such a small pool of bikes !!

Comment

It should be perfectly feasible to fit a twin silencer system just a matter of mountings being right, normally the silencer fixing point is on the passenger footrest mounting bolt. In fact the bike will probably go all the better for it. Greeves to my knowledge were the only manufacturer to use a Siamese system on a 2T and 3T engine. Presumably to keep costs down as only one silencer was needed. You will find that the armours silencers are noisy, they have limited baffling. But if as you say the genuine ones from VS are no longer available then you have no choice other than wait for something to come up on eBay and the probably needs re plating and all the costs that go with that. It may be worth asking Armours to initally supply the pipes and silencers un-plated so they can be cut and welded if needs be to fit properly. Then send them back to Armours for plating. I believe they have done this in the past.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/07/2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks John I will talk to them on Monday, they have been helpful in the past and have the added bonus of only being 20 miles away

Comment

Working...
            X