East coaster exhaust pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East coaster exhaust pipes

Hi all, recently bought some new 4t exhaust pipes off Villers services and they don’t fit any suggestions would be useful, will be getting back to them in the near future has anybody else had this problem ?
    Thanks Rog

Roger, Yes the VS pipes are not correct, and I do not know a source if correct ones. I did tell Paul Gollings that as he has the wrong ones on his East Coaster!!!!
    If you look on this thread https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...-exhaust-pipes i have included a drawing for the correct pipes fot thev 4T engine onthe Greeves East Coaster and the Essex Mk2.
    Attached pic shows the correct pipes on a bike.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/05/2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thankyou John will be in touch with Villiers services to see what they say, one of my exhaust pipe flanges is damaged and the other pipe has a dent in it so thought I would change them, like your drawing possibly could get some made

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention the ones they sent me seam to be slightly angled for left and right side

Comment

Originally posted by Rog greening View Post
          Sorry forgot to mention the ones they sent me seam to be slightly angled for left and right side
          Not sure the need to be angled, the main problem with the VS ones is that they are too long between first and second bend.

Comment

When I tried the the right hand one and slid the silencer on the fins on it where hitting the clutch cable and foot rest and could not get it high enough !

Comment

Yes because as I said in previous email the Villiers Services ones are too long between the bends, they need to be 3 inches straight length as per my drawing which I drew from an original pipe. Why VS got the dimensions wrong I dont know you will have to ask them that. But I know from other owners that they will not fit, which is why some owners have gone to the trouble and expense of having original ones repaired and re chromed.

Comment

Working...
              X