Any info on Greeves roadster fitted with Honda CD2200 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on Greeves roadster fitted with Honda CD2200 engine

I have justpurchased a Greeves rolling chassis and want ti fit a Honda CD200 engine. I was hoping someone might have drawings of the engine templates or
    any help / advice.

Not sure if this is the same engine but here is a pic of a Honda CD 200 engined Greeves seen at Gt Yeldham Transport Museum open day 15th May 2011. Its based on a 1961 25DC Sports Twin, frame no 61/3180 reg No BAS 130. It would have originally had a Villiers 2T 250cc twin engine. Now fitted with Honda 194cc engine No MC01E-2023138. It was owned by a chap by the name of Doug Corder I have a phone number for him which I will PM you. Not sure if he is still alive as he was an elderly man when I last saw him in 2011
    Second pic taken in May 2013 by Bob Lovelock at East Anglian Railway Museum Chappel Essex so looks like Doug still owned it then.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/05/2020, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carbob View Post
      I have justpurchased a Greeves rolling chassis and want ti fit a Honda CD200 engine. I was hoping someone might have drawings of the engine templates or
      any help / advice.
      Good to talk to you earlier! We do have factory drawings available within the GRA so if they might be of help then Gary Bamford is handling drawing requests.

John, trust you to have seen one! That looks like a neat conversion, I particularly like how the chain guard fits so well. I could see it being a great bike to ride, so long as you can get the chain line correct etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
        John, trust you to have seen one! That looks like a neat conversion, I particularly like how the chain guard fits so well. I could see it being a great bike to ride, so long as you can get the chain line correct etc.
        Yes I have seen the bike (first pic is mine) a neat conversion the tank is not Greeves though, Honda I think, no silencers just two VW tail pipes welded into pipes, was no over loud if I recall. The owner Doug Corder was I think a GRA member at the time I saw the bike, but that was 9 years ago now,
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 08/05/2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I fitted a CD200 engine into a Francis Barnett Cruiser 89. The first thing I did was to make a 2mm thick aluminium template of the centre line of the engine by making a cardboard outline. This saved lifting the engine in and out till I was happy with the position.There are no engine plates as such with the F/B. just front and rear mounting brackets. One thing to remember is that the Honda mounting lugs are not symetrical with the centre line of the engine, so using plates as in a Greeves you would need different thickness spacers to centralise the engine. I also changed the gear lever to the right utilising the holes below the crankcase where the footrests would fit. I have done a few hundred miles on it and am really happy with the way it runs. If you want to have a chat, send me a PM

Brian
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Some good points there Brian. As for the Greeves conversion it will depend on what frame 'carbob' is using, as the one I pictured is from a 25DC, obviously if 'carbob' is using a different frame there will be differences. I have messaged him with the contact details of the builder of the one I pictured, but have heard nothing back from him yet
            The bike owned by Doug Corder BAS130 was sold a few years ago to a Peter ? of Chelmsford (a general dealer) its on SORN so not on the road.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/05/2020, 12:19 PM. Reason: Update on owner

Comment

'carbob' I have still not had a call from you despite you being passed my tel number. I have some information about the ex Doug Corder bike including how the engine plates were made, I have taken the trouble to phone Doug Corder myself (he says he has not heard from you either) so if you are serious in getting some info then you need to make contact.

Comment

John I'm sure this chap will make contact when he's ready! We're not all online every day.

Comment

Working...
                X