Villiers 2 t ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers 2 t ignition

Can anybody explain how to set the ignition timing on a 2t twin engine. rebuilt engine from bits

Regards denboy-10

Set the points at 15 thou then adjust them via the slotted back plate so they open at 26 degrees or .140 to .170 inches before top dead centre. You will need to remove heads to do this. Note each set of points has individual adjustment. I recommend that you buy a 2T Workshop Manual from Villiers Services (or other sources)

Comment

Thanks John Wakefield Have got a 2 Workshop manual. And set it as you have described.Cannot get the points set when moving back plate they are not closing ?Electronic ignition ?
      Regards denboy-10

Comment

Cant understand what you are doing wrong, wrong cam maybe! The cam should also be fitted with the arrow on outer face showing clockwise rotation. Fitting an electronic ignition system is a bit drastic and expensive solution. Must be something simple thats wrong.

Comment

Up to now there hasn't been an electronic system available for the Villiers twins, but talking to Steve Gollings recently he told me that he should have them available soon. ring Villiers Services on 01384 265797
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
            Up to now there hasn't been an electronic system available for the Villiers twins, but talking to Steve Gollings recently he told me that he should have them available soon. ring Villiers Services on 01384 265797
            They now have them in stock and several already sold

Comment

Working...
            X