No announcement yet.

Swinging arm spindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clive I set you a PM on 10th May but have not had a reply. Check your message inbox.

Comment

Sorry John, I have been away. I did reply to your 10th May post. Job is completed now with new spacers I made and bushes from Villiers. I made a new spindle so that when the nuts on either end are tightened against the frame lugs everything pulls up tight and the inner tubes of the Metalastic bushes are trapped between the spacers and do not move. The outer tubes rotate with the action of the swinging arm movement such that the rubber is in torsion. Back end is now very stable and the bike goes round corners like it's on rails !

Comment

Clive I have sent you another PM as I did not receive your reply to my PM of 10th May

Comment

Sorry John, I'm missing something here I think. What is a PM? I am a GRA member.

Comment

A PM is a 'private message' sent via the forum, you should have had a notification by email. Click on 'Messages' in toolbar at top of page, it should show in there. I note you are listed as a Basic so if a paid up GRA member you need to contact Rob Thornton to get up graded to full member on forum. Even as a Basic you should be able to send & receive PM's
            What I was asking you was the frame number of your bike.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for reply to PM Clive. Here is the nice little Youtube clip on your bike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-PqywGQOg

Comment

Super little film

Comment

Working...
                X