Greeves NSU Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves NSU Roadster

Spotted outside the entrance to the VMCC Festival at Jurby on the IoM during the classic TT event, a Greeves/NSU. Anyone on here?

A very pretty machine.
    Attached Files

I am bumping this thread back up, as it was rather swamped immediately after I posted it, by a whole series of posts about Tony's 325 East Coaster, which was very interesting. That seems to have died down now, so I thought this deserved resurrecting, because this too is a very interesting machine, possibly unique.

Does anyone know of it?

Ian

Comment

Is it Vic Allan's?

It looks very much like the one he built..

The jacked up forks and blue seat look the same

Comment

Registration number YYD888 non Greeves frame number 1268380 (presumably from the doner NSU). Its owned by Vic Allen see this previous thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=6337
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/10/2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Ok gents, thanks. Obviously a known bike. My description of it as a roadster is not entirely accurate, but with full lighting and road equipment, and not a speck of mud in sight, it appears to be used as such.

Given that on the headstock where the frame number would normally be, there is a raised land in the casting, it is perhaps one of Richard Deal's frames.

Comment

Looks like the frame number may of been milled out ?

Comment

Youtube clip of Vic riding the bike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RweF-3V1r3I

Comment

The Deal Millennium frames featured a raised land in the recognised place used to stamp frame numbers. The prefix letters and numbers (24TJSB) were cast in leaving a space for the 4 digit number which for the Anglian was in the 20## series.

Various schools of thought as to how many Deal frame loops were cast. Clearly, there was a surplus hence the source of the Vic Allan machine. The cast in letters clearly machined off to avoid confusion.
                Last edited by Phil Hyde; 04/10/2017, 09:30 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Working...
                X