No announcement yet.

25DC lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you look closely at diagram its the pilot bulb thats connected to auxiliary, (the green wire), The ref to pilot bulb size is misleading and has been put above the wire going to dip switch. The pilot bulb does not need dipping! Note the auxiliary connection (one of the fixing holes for switch) requires a contact (held in place by fixing screw) which mates with the hub of switch. Not a very good drawing and strange that the stop light is missing as that would be present on the 25DB and DC, looks like it was an older drawing that did not get up dated. That's why I drew my own for the 5 way plug.
    Not sure what you mean about capacitor as the only capacitors are those on the ignition circuit and that's powered by the flywheel mag not the battery!

I have attached a pic of the switch showing the contact on the auxiliary position
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/06/2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE 25DC 6 WIRE ENGINE PLUG DIAGRAM ABOVE

Apologies for "capacitor" - meant "rectifier" but what can you expect from a electrical dummy like me.

I was puzzled by connections on the switch, the positions and numbers of which don't correspond to those of any of the other wiring diagrams for the 5 wire engine switches. I found that unlike them the diagram of the lighting switch is from the OPPOSITE side of the switch to where the wire screw connectors are (*** see below). So, here is the sequence for the wiring connections from the wire screw connectors side:

- starting from the top fixing hole and going CLOCKWISE
      - 1 Purple - Engine plug; Black - Battery negative connection (for positive earth), Black - Horn; Brown - loop wire to 5(6 and 5 are connected on switch and 6 has no screw connection)
      - 2 Brown - Rectifier; Brown - Engine plug
      - 3 Red - Engine plug
      - 4 no connection
      - bottom fixing hole
      - 5 Brown - loop wire from 1. NOTE If connection 1 has too many wires then you can move the Black - Horn wire to here
      - 6 no connection but linked to 5 so use that screw connector instead
      - 7 Red - see John W's earlier note on this
      - 8 Black - Tail light; Black - Speedo light

In addition fit a 10 amp fuse on the Black wire between the positive feed from the battery and connection 1 on the lighting switch.

The brake light feed can be connected to 5 on the lighting switch as this is looped back to 1 on the switch which is connected to the battery.

TIP: If you get a magnifying glass (when you're my age you'll have one in the drawer somewhere) you can make out the above numbers on the Miller lighting switch alongside each wiring connector.

*** I still have to check whether the engine plug connections are taken from the engine side or the wire input side. Rather than unsoldering and resoldering the bell shaped bullet connectors if you have to move these engine wires round, it is easier to disconnect them from the lighting switch, slide them out of the sheathing and plug, reinsert them in the correct hole in the plug and slide them back through the sheathing and reconnect them to the lighting switch.
      Last edited by PhilT; 04/07/2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I have recently come across an original copy of a 25DD (Essex) Service manual which gives 2 wiring diagrams for Mk1 (2T engine) and Mk2 (4T engine) with 6 and 5 pin plugs respectively. They will be the same for 25DC
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X