Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25DD Essex twin bought on E Bay.... Update

As promised an update on work done so far
    Not had a lot of spare time since purchase but have kept putting the odd hour in and am quite pleased so far with the result's.... The whole bike was completely stripped down, the battery/toolbox, front mudguard, front and rear shocker's and the footrest/centre stand assembly, returned to e bay and did quite well, well enough to finance a hawkstone tank and set of pattern badges from Mr powell... The rear wheel (which apparently was from a different bike) was in surprisingly good nick and cleaned up really well, a good used trials tyre, security bolt and larger sprocket fitted is now ready for reinstallation.... Rear frame has had the mudguard stays lopped off and a loop welded in place, seat bracket relocated, pillion footpeg hangers again were lopped off shortened and rewelded back on lower down and some bolt on trials pegs fitted and look like they grew there.... Front wheel rim had rotted away and so binned but a stroke of good luck came my way in the form of a dunlop 21" rim brand new for £20, a set of spokes has been bought so this is now ready to be rebuilt.... All the frame and fork part's have been stripped of paint and sprayed with primer, new front and rear shocker's bought, a good used set of wide, braced, chrome bar's, new levers again in chrome and period throttle and grip's aquired..... The 4T engine was stripped but found to be in very poor condition having stood for many year's minus plug's, the primary chain had comletely rotted away at the bottom due to water ingress so you can imagine state of clutch, like wise big ends and mains, the dynamo side was full of what looked like john innes potting compost.... So it looks like it's going to be the c15 lump going in (What the hell it was never going to be original anyway) and the next job being to fabricate some engine plates, stainless I think........ And that's about it for now but will keep adding as and when it progresses
    P.S Does anyone happen to know the quantity of oil for each fork leg on a honda TL125???????

Oh and by the way if anyone remember's from the original listing on E bay the saga of Swansea getting the frame numbers mixed up into an anagram of the original's, it now seem's according to the new V5 that I have become Peter Lawton..... I am now wondering if it would be easier to have my name officially changed rather than trying to get those wonderful people down there to rectify it, after all it only took 4 month with numerous correspondance and phone calls to get the v5 back with, yes, you guessed it, the incorrect frame No
    Last edited by Pete Walton; 15/06/2011, 07:52 AM.
Working...
X