Data Base problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Base problem?

I have been trying to get into the data base, but no success.
    Is there a problem?

Thanks,

I assume you mean the Racer Database http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/racers-database No problem here so must be your computor!!!

Comment

The question now comes!!! Why does the GRA only list the Tarmac racers? Why not the Roadsters, the Trials and the Scrambles.....and any others?

Comment

I suppose Brian its down to someone volunteering to do it. I am sure Rob would be only too pleased to set up the relevent pages if someone will manage them!!!

Comment

Well it comes back to the thread from a few weeks ago, I'll do my bit if others will help. It's rather a big job for one person, but if we can interest enough to split it into 3 or 4, then it should be quite workable.

Comment

Racers data base

Thanks for the reply.
            Another try and I did access the data base.
            I have some changes to make as I have just acquired two more Silverstone machines.
            How do I put information into the data base?

Thanks,

Comment

Click on any highlighted machine and add the details in the form that pops up. Don't worry about which machine you start on, as long as you give sufficient details for your info to be extracted.

Comment

Racers data base

Thanks Brian,

One of my new machines is not highlighted on the data base.
                What do I use on that one?

Cheers,

Comment

Click on any (your existing) machine and enter the details, making sure you indicate that it's a new listing. Rob will then add it to the highlighted ones. I've just spotted RAS131 on Ebay and sent to him to put in.

Comment

Brian,

It wasn't the GRA that started the 'Racer Database', it was me about 25 years ago! I started it on paper, purely to judge how many racers had survived.

When we (son & I) developed and introduced the GRA website, we thought it would be a good idea to put it on-line and see if it attracted interest and anymore additions which it did.

Only problem is, all these things take time and do not please everyone. Sometimes a machine changes hands and the info is either incorrect or the new owner objects to it being listed. It was ever only intended to show that that frame number/machine still exists and the security implications need to be taken into account, eg. owner may not want his name given which is fine (and wise).

So I hope that answers the question of why 'the GRA' doesn't list others.

Any queries, just mail me via the website and I will make any changes.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Rob,
                      thanks for the explanation. As per your post, my interest is to find out what is still around, if in use or not. I'm not really interested in who or where in any real detail, just if the bike (Frame) is out there and if it was a home or export model.

Comment

Greeves Register

Brian
                        Why dont you start a thread asking for model & frame numbers & see what the responce you get. As Rob says he did the racers off his own back & I likewise did the East Coasters. I personally have no desire or the time to do a register of the whole Greeves range, but there is nothing stopping you doing it as a personal thing. Once you have got a few numbers I am sure (like the EC's) Rob or one of the administrators would make it a 'sticky' & you can then add to it. I would suggest you keep it as simple as possible ie Roadsters, Trials, Scrambles & Road racers rather than start headings for each model. You can always list them in model order.

Comment

John, I might do that at some point, but I'm a bit busy at present trying to sort out ISDT results that have now been published on speedtracktales. Some have been well copied, others need a degree of guesswork!

Comment

Silverstone information

Did you receive the frame number information for my two new (to me) RBS Greeves Silverstones?

Comment

How was this info sent and when? If you re-send, I will make sure it is updated.

Sorry, can,t remember what plug I put in the bike yesterday these days!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X