Gearbox drive sprocket tab washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox drive sprocket tab washer

Does anyone know where I can get a gearbox drive sprocket tab washer for an RDS Silverstone please? Box is five speed Albion cam-barrel
    Attached Files

Try Gary Bamford https://www.britishbikes1970.com/

Comment

A shaggy dog story maybe but..... I used to make many lock washers for BSA and Triumph etc for outlets such as MCS, MCA and C&D Autos. On one occasion Ted at MCS asked me if I could make a batch of washers similar to the Albion one pictured but for Bantams. Rather than make the usual press tooling I took a worn out sleeve gear with good splines and removed the threaded section and ground the splined shaft flat. This was mounted in a ram adaptor. Then a sprocket was ground flat and mounted in a bolster (lower part of the set). When mounted in my press and lined up I could pierce the splined hole in washer blanks until it lost the edge and needed a regrind. Later I passed most of the various tooling to Dragonfly Motorcycles who were interested in engineering more spares. I wonder if they have something to suit. Good luck.

Comment

These are Dragonfly's contact details
        ​​​​​​ The Old Town Maltings, Broad Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1EE
        01986 894798
        spares@draganfly.co.uk

Comment

Villiers Services list them on their mail order website.

Comment

Thanks guys. I contacted Gary Bamford and he has come up with the goods

Comment

Working...
            X