24RES128 now in bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24RES128 now in bits

24RES128 has recently surfaced in North Yorks now in bits it had previously been in Bonhams auction https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/192...fnoW_1xWZZ8z44 in Oct 2011 looking complete. Went for £3220 but may not have sold. Current owner bought the remains in a deal with a Pathfinder and now wishes to sell on the Silverstone bits. He is Guy Hutchinson and can be contact via guy.hutchinson@talktalk.net
    Attached Files

Frame has been butchered, rear engine mounts and footrest mounts nothing like on the Bonhams pics, also has an subframe for a different engine with a footrest bar?

Comment

This is the listing for 24RES128 on the GRA Racer Data Base https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/racers-database/
      ​​​​​​At one time owned by David Norwich and located in Scottish Borders, UK. Engine number GPA 2237. Sold by Bonhams at Stafford in October 2011 for £3220.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/03/2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Looks like it's been modified to take a third party engine. The extent of the modifications/butchery is such that I doubt that with the possible exception of the swinging arm and the forks it's worth anything to anybody unless you have the engine.

Comment

Just noticed the fixing to the beam, some sort of head steady. The frame at the rear engine mount looks like it has been welded and not brazed, indicating the butcher did not know it is 531 tubing!

Comment

Also has what looks like a side stand so has it been on the road?

Comment

Tragic!

Comment

I realise that the frame is possibly beyond economical repair but would like if possible like to sell the bits as one including the rear shocks which I now realise were with the parts that I bought. Could someone give me their thoughts on a reasonable asking price for the frame/forks/fairing/front and rear wheels + shocks, luckily it doesn't really stand me at much money. It would be for them all to go together just in case someone has the skilIs and resources to save the bike. I need to move this on as I don't have a lot of room for storage. There is also a Challenger (?) frame with similar modifications if anyone is interested in that.
                Attached Files

Comment

Guy if you put some pics up of the Challenger ? frame showing the number we can identify it

Comment

I can't see a number on the other frame. Will have another look when it stops snowing!

Comment

Had another look and I still can't see anything, think the poor old thing is too embarrassed to give up its ID . Pics of the frame included. Can it be saved or is it destined for recycling
                      Attached Files

Comment

Frame number has not been stamped, so looks like a NOS (New old stock) factory replacement frame.

Comment

I'm pleased to say that the Silverstone has found a new owner who is hoping to restore it to its former glory.

Comment

Its turned up again in Lincolnshire https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234658174...4AAOSwQuhi93S~ looks like he has given up on it as its for sale again just frame and wheels.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X