GP carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP carb problem

I have the original GP2 carb fitted to my RDS and she runs just fine. However, I have noticed that when I do up the top cover i.e. screw down the ring that it can jump the threads and pop-up if I screw it in tightly. So I guess the threads are worn. This is worrying as if the top of the carb popped-up on the track, I imagine the slide will do likewise and give me a sudden and unexpected acceleration. In mid-corner that could be interesting!

Can anything be done to recondition the threads please?

Put a jubilee clip around the top ring and wire it to the base of the carb, or do the same with cable ties. Have you tried a new top ring? I assume Burlen will have them. Peter.

Comment

Another fix is to wrap a couple of turns of ptfe tape (as used by plumbers) this will take up the wear in the treads.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/02/2021, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Peter, John - thanks both are good tips and I'll also see if Burlen can supply a new ring. BHR are hoping to run a test day mid-March so the pressure is on! Rene

Comment

If its on come and say hello. I will be riding (hopefully!) no 92.

Comment

Yes let's hope it goes ahead. I should be p54 and will look out for you. Here I am trying to keep the front wheel down at Cadwell last year:
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X