Greeves Oulton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Oulton

Hi my name is Joe, used to race an Oulton late eighties early nineties..Last race was in 1992 Aberdare park. Finished second to another Oulton ridden by the late John Loder .This was the Classic Bike championship.
    I may have written article in a leading link about this...Anyway, i still have the bike though needs rebuilding. I managed to fracture the crank cases, so its not just a rebuild.
    I am now thinking about trying to put it back together again..

Welcome aboard!

Hi Joey, and a warm welcome to the forum. Great to have you with us on here

I remember reading your articles in 'LL' very well, and with great enjoyment and respect. It sounds like you had quite a few budget constraints on your racing activities as I remember (show me a privateer racer that doesn't!), not to mention having to overcome various mechanical problems with the bike.

Look forward to hearing how it goes if you decide to go ahead with the rebuild, and in the meantime hope you enjoy the forum!

All the best,

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by joey mulholland View Post
      Hi my name is Joe, used to race an Oulton late eighties early nineties..Last race was in 1992 Aberdare park. Finished second to another Oulton ridden by the late John Loder .This was the Classic Bike championship.
      I may have written article in a leading link about this...Anyway, i still have the bike though needs rebuilding. I managed to fracture the crank cases, so its not just a rebuild.
      I am now thinking about trying to put it back together again..
      Hi Joey,

You called me many years ago looking for 360 parts for your Oulton...I hope all is well with you!

Kenny Sykes
      USA

Comment

Hi Joey, great to see you turn up on here.

I too recall your LL articles, I found them really useful when facing the practical reality of starting racing my own Silverstone Replica.

Are you going to put the Oulton back to standard trim or is it going back on the track? Very rare bike of course, have you registered it on the GRA racer register?

I reckon all eleven Oultons probably still exist; we'll track 'em down eventually...
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Here's a picture from the GRA archive of Joey racing in the eighties. On a Silverstone I think. RES?
          Attached Files
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin,
            About 20 Oultons were made, 40 of which have survived!

Druid

Comment

Oulton

Hi,
              Am not long been a member,have a 380 QUB Griffon which is 99% back to
              how it used to be,also have a 250 which requires the same sort of
              treatment, my brother has an OULTON which is in the process of being
              re-assembled and brought back to concourse condition.This is one of two
              machines that came to Nth.Ireland and the original owner still has the other
              one,ho9pe this aids you in your quest to track down where they all are.
              Regards, Kane

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                Hi,
                My brother has an OULTON which is in the process of being
                re-assembled and brought back to concourse condition.This is one of two
                machines that came to Nth.Ireland and the original owner still has the other
                one,ho9pe this aids you in your quest to track down where they all are.
                Regards, Kane
                Always interested to hear frame numbers. Even 20 made might be a bit optimistic...

If you look on the GRA website there's the racer register where you can post any survivors you know of.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Surviving Racers (Silverstones and Oultons) Database.

Here's a link to the section on the forum dedicated to the racers database; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...thread.php?t=2

If you click on that link, you will see a further link direct to the database on the GRA website.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                  X