Silverstone brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone brakes

Rode my mate's Silverstone at Darley Moor over the weekend (my bike had mag problems), it will go quite nicely when we sort out the carburation- its got a Challenger barrel to make it more suitable for parades- but... the front brake is crap! It was alright when I rode it nearly 30 years ago! One of the difficulties is you can't remove the brake cams as the support plates are rivetted in place so you can't clean & grease the pivots, and it looks like there is not enough clearance to cut off the rivets and replace with screws. Anyone found this before & how did you solve it?

Hi Peter Yes I agree with your discription of the contruction of TLS front brake and I recieved no answers from our experts, but it is no problem at all and I rode at 1000 bikes recently with a very good brake I may have your phone number at home and will ring when I am back at home in about a week.Don't think I can use this site well enough to send you a picture

Comment

Why can`t you re rivet after servicing?

Comment

I made new cams for two brakes in en8. I made them slightly thicker in the cam as only one side is used which makes it a but stronger there. I can remove the cams, on the one I still own, as I used button head screws (loctited) on the outrigger plate. I would think that if the original brake riveted retainer was ground off flat the plate could be levered off. I cannot recall what size screws I used but think maybe m5 with a large diameter washer. If anyone has 24 RAS 110 they can see one of the brakes. It has a special brake plate, extra thick, and stronger springs from Active Springs.

Comment

Working...
        X