Silverstone cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone cylinders

I have 3 Silverstone cylinders that I have been using over the past 30 odd years I have been racing my Silverstone. The one I am currently using is now bored to 68mm but probably has a couple of seasons use left before it will need to be resleeved back to standard, assuming I don't have a blow up in the meantime that damages the ports. It has the number G1213 stamped on the top fin. Does anyone know what model this came from? I suspect it might be an RES part.
    The other one that came with the bike I had resleeved here in Canada (using the Greeves factory drawing) many years ago but due to wear and various ring breakages has been bored to the point that the inner sleeve is very thin. I guess this could have the inner sleeve bored out and a replacement fitted to bring it back to standard? I expect I will have to send it back to the UK as my source is no longer in business here, any recommendations? That one is marked as G1088 and my RDS spares book confirms this is an RDS part.
    The last one has no markings, is bored to 68mm and needs to be sleeved as the bore is worn. I don't have a cylinder drawing for the RCS showing port sizes to identify it, but I suspect that is what it is. If I have to crate up the RDS cylinder to send back to the UK for resleeving I will probably send this one at the same time so any recommendations on a UK supplier for this would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Stan

Cylinder re-sleeving

Hi Stan,
    Silverstones I know nothing of but in terms of Cylinder re sleeving on a Greeves Barrel I have used Simon Bateman..of Nametab engineering. He has done this for me on my 250 Griffon - and made a tidy job of he ports. I believe also Villiers services could do same job - but not had any experience with them.
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      Hi Stan,
      Silverstones I know nothing of but in terms of Cylinder re sleeving on a Greeves Barrel I have used Simon Bateman..of Nametab engineering. He has done this for me on my 250 Griffon - and made a tidy job of he ports. I believe also Villiers services could do same job - but not had any experience with them.
      Cheers Kim
      VS probably send it out to Simon or another engineer, I dont think they have in house facilities to do this sort of work.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/11/2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

2 stroke cylinders

You could try Ron Phillips at Fahron Engineering, in Hucknall, Nottingham. +44(0)115 963 4123

Comment

Thanks for the leads, guys. I have bought quite a few parts from Simon so will contact him about resleeving the cylinders. Does anyone have an RES parts book to confirm whether part number G1213 is an RES part?
          Stan

Comment

Silverstone barrels

According to my drawings G1088 was first used on the RBS. I strongly suspect that there was little difference, if any, between the various barrels.
            I think that exhausts, CR and port shape changes were implemented over the various models.

If your book states 1088 is used on the RDS then the later one must be for an RES, providing some enterprising racer hasn't used a Challenger barrel. Look at the inlet manifold and check if someone hasn't opened out the stud centres to take the GP carb.

Druid

Comment

Working...
            X