Silverstone for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone for sale

Smart looking Silverstone for sale in France on the 'Carandclassic' site. Is this a known machine or one of the 'missing' 69%?

Wonder if this was Dicky F's bike?

Find your dream classic car from over 10,000 private adverts plus many more trade adverts on Europe's No 1 classic cars site. 100% F...

Certainly looks like it and I know the French owner had Nametab sort his engine out.

Bargain at £5,900! You can get a fair old Yam for that money!

Comment

Looks very tidy and original - apart from no half-fairing.

It's got the pretty poor RBS/RCS five-speed gearbox, of course, which is a disadvantage if you want to race it.

Trop cher mes amis!
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Silverstone for sale

Yep thats correct Rob, it was the one I sold at Telford a few years ago, he has spent a lot of money on it since and was going to race it .
        he let me know that he dropped it after the rebuild , hence no fairing and no front mudguard due to the new fat tyres as used today, perhaps Nicolas will reply as he was a GRA member,

Comment

hi to everyone
          colin and dick are right..
          the silverstone for sale is mine...
          the bike is in perfect condition,i spent a lot of money for... i'll give the genuine fairing with.
          the reason of the sale is that my pre 65 trials cost me a lot of time...and money too!!
          for that reason,she has spent more time in my living room than on the track, so i decided to sell it..as i decided to focus on next classic trials season (french and spain events).
          i dont find the price so expensive...bultaco metrallas mk2 , less scarcy, are at similar prices in france...
          kind regards from france
          nicolas

Comment

Silverstone for sale

Hi Nicolas,
            I know what you mean regarding the cost involved with racing or parading with race bikes, Rob has given his Yam a gallop at Mallory last week and the cost are very forbiding when you can have a days riding on a trials bike for around £20, you will have to see if you can get over the water and do some here or likewise we could get over to you . all the best Dicky

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
              Hi Nicolas,
              I know what you mean regarding the cost involved with racing or parading with race bikes, Rob has given his Yam a gallop at Mallory last week and the cost are very forbiding when you can have a days riding on a trials bike for around £20, you will have to see if you can get over the water and do some here or likewise we could get over to you . all the best Dicky
              Right there Dick, every body wants big money these days, & the places to run a race bike are now very limited, mainly road race circuits who know how to charge. I remember back in the 1970's you could go to one of the many abandoned WW2 airfields & ride round all day for nothing other than the petrol & oil you put into the bike. Before the IWM got there hands on RAF Duxford the place was open & you could take a bike, car or go cart there & ride it. Then came official events such as sprints & time trials, & slowly but surely officialdom raised its ugly head. Another old airfield nearby was Gransden Lodge to the West of Cambridge, a Lancaster base in WW2. Lots of road racers used to go along there & sort their bikes out. Me & some mates used to take old stripped down bikes out there in a van & have tremendous fun pretending to be racers. No one complained. But try doing that today especially on an open exhaust or mega. Happy Days.

Comment

hi dick
                nice to hear from you
                i keep a good remember of my silverstone quest
                i think i'll be at telford next year.
                if unsold , i'll ride the bike this summer in nogaro for the coyote's days...i just hope that The outcome will be better than last year
                of course, i'll post loads of pictures
                cheers
                nicolas

Comment

Working...
                X