Views:	277
Size:	518.7 KB
ID:	90142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220109_142728115.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	90143

Comment

what a cracking job! Well done. out of interest, whats the wheelbase? looks like it'll turn quick enough, and the motor's far enough forward to stop it wheelying too much on climbs. Mr Banks knew what he was doing, didn't he! Did the air cleaner come with it? We used to scour the hardware stores for suitably sized aluminium saucepans.......

Comment

Hi Jeff ,thanks for your comments ,I did check the wheel base awhile ago and from memory it was 52 inches .
        Mr Banks did know what he was doing Alan Garrett how helped him build the bike and was second owner said John is a very talented engineer and he should of built more as it was a great bike to ride and made him a lot better rider .
        The air was not with the bike got of Ebay think it was for a Webber carb .
        Had bike running today started second kick sounds great just a couple of things to do the top yoke has a crack which I could get welded but managed to get a NOS won from Kenny Sykes in the US .
        Will put some more photos on soon .
        Simon

Comment

My AJ 37A-T is 52.5 inch wheelbase, (depending on how tight the chain is!) really noticeable when you jump off an Anglian and onto that! Good in the nadgery tight stuff but you have to work to keep the front down on long climbs, hence my comment on the Burian.
          I look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Priddy, unless you fancy a Somerton event before that, they use some good venues not far from you.
          Jeff

Comment

Jeff, just checked wheelbase and its at its shortest now but can come out another inch is 50 inches which is very short. Not sure how John Banks rode it he's a big bloke and he got some good results on it and how it survived he was very hard on his works scramblers .
            I would love to know the weight as it is very light my Greeves TE weighs a ton compered to the Burian .Hope to find somewhere local to try it out before entering a trial .
            SImon
            Last edited by trialrider17; 10/01/2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Simon. Easy to check weight use a set of bathroom scales, weigh each wheel and add together

Comment

Will have to find a second hand pair of scales my wife would go potty if I used hers .

Comment

My wife complained when I took the bike to the bathroom scales, so I now take the bathroom scales to the bike.

Comment

Blimey, that is short, its in TY 175 territory in that respect.

KevinLS, that made me laugh....

Comment

There was another BSA Bantam engined Burian MGV 3G which was ridden by Doug Theobald. The number is still on DVLA but is not taxed and last V5c was issued in December 1983. I suppose it could still be in Suffolk.
                      ​​​​​​DVLA Vehicle Details
                      Vehicle make BURIAN
                      Date of first registration November 1968
                      Year of manufacture 1968
                      Cylinder capacity 175 cc
                      CO₂ emissions Not available
                      Fuel type PETROL
                      Euro status Not available
                      Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
                      Export marker No
                      Vehicle status Not taxed for on road use
                      Vehicle colour SILVER
                      Vehicle type approval Not available
                      Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
                      Revenue weight Not available
                      Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 2 December 1983
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/01/2022, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Burian now finished and ready for Priddy ,
                        have just weighed the bike has gearbox oil and half a tank of fuel and is 176lbs 80 kgs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Photo of Dave Bickers riding the Bantam Burian
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice one Simon, should be nice and easy to ride. Did you fit the 2T clutch arm? GasGas kickstart?

I look forward to seeing it at Priddy, hope to have the Butler there, mechanically all done (haven't run it yet) but have yet to paint the tank/rear enclosure/front guard, but all glass fibre repairs are done. It won't be anywhere close to the weight of the Burian, sadly

Comment

Hi Jeff, its a cut down 2t clutch arm it was a bit to long shortened by about 1/2" , the kickstart is from Paul Powell at Cotton Villiers .
                              I thought the bike would be quite light it's about the same as a Drayton Bantam ,will be great to see the Butler and you at Priddy .
                              Regards Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X