Outshopped today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outshopped today

Some 36 years after its completion my Triumph-Greeves blinked in the June sunshine following a refresh. Click image for larger version

Name:	A85CF8E4-920C-4E22-A424-B439F2A37BE7.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	590.8 KB
ID:	87752

that's a great looking bike phil..

Comment

Hi Terry

Yes, quite pleased with the finished result. Working around the lockdown restrictions I chose to coach paint the frame and rear mudguard in RAL 5001. No doubt some will say it’s too this, or too that. It is a Special so colour and finish will always be subjective. A couple of days cleaning the wheels and finishing off to go.

Thanks for the compliment. It is appreciated.

Phil

Comment

I've done all mine in RAL5001.....at least everything matches.

Comment

looks amazing.
          Great work.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Looks good Phil, considering the bashing its had over the years, maybe several GRA trials together.

Comment

Indeed Dave. Greeves engineering and the Triumph motor certainly tested.

Comment

Hi Phil,

I hope it still has that glorious engine note that I well remember from one day when we were both in the same trial
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin
                    Yes, still the same exhaust. I remember a South Midland Centre trial at Dews Farm. Quite muddy, so lots of revs from the Triumph. They do Rev, even the early 1957 engines.

Comment

You're right, Phil it probably was Dews Farm. I rode there several times. I recall seeing (and hearing) you giving it a handful up one of those muddy banks. Music!
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                      X