C15 powered Anglian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C15 powered Anglian?

While I wait for a motor to become available I teased myself with the idea of putting a C15 motor in the 24TGSB Anglian. The C15 engines and parts are plentiful around here and The frame can be left alone with construction of a new engine cradle to fit. Build it up with new steel rims in 18 and 21" retaining the leading link fork.

The engine in the photo is of a B25 motor going in a modified Victor frame which is my current project. I exchanged emails with the gentleman who does the Triumph engine cradle and he provided some valuable help. Thanks for looking.

Frank

B25 in TGS
    Untitled by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

B25 in Victor frame with Bultaco wheels.
    Untitled by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

I had a scottish briefly 30 odd years ago with a c15 engine. It went quite well and being the "G' model it was quite robust too. My mate bought it off me and put the engine in his BSA based trialler. i then bought the rolling chassis back and put a villiers engine in and still have the bike at the back of the shed

Comment

I took a look at your Flickr site. Very nice work, especially the welding. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and kind words. I am glad to find a viable alternative to the Villiers as no cores seem to be available in the states. I have read that the G model and early B25 are mostly interchangeable. I think the C15 motor is pretty heavy, over 80 lbs. but has great manners as mentioned. I hope to start early spring. cheers.

Frame and parts back from paint. by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr
        Last edited by Ftwelder; 15/01/2021, 02:25 AM. Reason: added photo of Anglian

Comment

Working...
        X